TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

My Mom - July 3rd 2011, 03:51 AM

Idk what to do. I'm petrified. My mom is usually treats me pretty poorly, although she still has her good days. But, she has a lot of problems and idk what to do. For instance, she quit her job because she had a back injury that she says still bothers her(doctors say she's fine and she just needs to loose a lot of weight). So she is trying to find a job that won't hurt her back, and with no luck.

So we moved in with my aunt and two cousins. Well, my mom HATES animals although she used to love them. She would cry if their pets (or mine at the time) got anywhere near her. She would also throw up every single night and claimed it was her allergies when it sounded more like she was gagging herself. Then she would come in my room if I was awake (I stayed in my room because if I see someone throw up I'll do it too), and she would just start beating me all over telling me what I bitch I was because I didn't go check on her. Why come to your 15 year old daughter and beat her when you should be bad at your sister who was in the room next to you and who is a nurse.

So anyway, she has extreame phobias of parasites and germs and the like. She also lays around most of the day and eats everything in sight. Then goes off shopping when we are about to be living on the streets since our family won't let us stay with them without paying rent. So it's obvious she has something like depression going on with her. And even now that we've moved out my mom is still throwing up everynight and again attacking me for it.

She said she has hormonal problems, or thinks she does, but the doctor refuses to run tests because she has no medical insurance and can't afford it without a job. I think it's not hormonal but all dealing with depression maybe? I'm not sure but last I mentioned it she "high-fived" my face so to say.

idk why this stuff keeps happening. She keeps claiming all these problems, some real some not. Her being in this state only depresses me more, but I have no where else to go. idk what to do. I don't think there is anything that I can say or do.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: My Mom - July 3rd 2011, 04:32 AM

I am so extremely sorry that you have been having difficulties with your mom. At the same time she is your mother and you are her daughter. I know as a child you usually always worry about your parents. But you are 19 and you shouldn't worry about her in that aspect of trying to take care of her.
I would highly suggest though to suggest that she get help for finding a job, to find means to get help for treating you poorly.
I could say if you could since you are 19, moving out. Either with a friend or someone else that you would be able to lean on with being able to whatever you can to help around if you can't afford a place on your own.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: My Mom - July 3rd 2011, 05:15 AM

Just to clarify, I don't take care of her. I live with her because I have no choice, or I would NOT be here. She is my mom, so I feel bad that she is like this and I would like to be able to help. I haven't been able to at all and I feel bad about it. Yet at the same time my anger for everything she has done stands in the way. Even so, idk what I could do.

As I've stated, I have no where to go and my mom can't just find a job. Believe it or not, the job market sucks. She can't. She's been looking. My friends live far away, most living with their parents or are on college campuses. I would not be able to stay with any of them, and my family will just make me pay rent. There are no other options, nor can I get a job to support myself. This is why I posted this. I have to find a way to cope until I figure something out. But I don't know what to do about it, and ignoring it isn't helping.

As I've also suggested, I tried to suggest for her to get help but she reacted in a very extreame and violent manner. Thus, I do not plan on doing that again.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

Closed Thread