TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

My mom and friends... - July 20th 2011, 06:04 PM

I have a thread all about ranting about my mom, but I decided I would get mor replies here for this particular question.

To make it simple my mom hates friends. She says "They only slow you down" and they "Are never there when you need them." and "Friends are a waste of time"

Today a friend from out of town is in town. He's too polite to invite himself over, so I asked my mother if he could. Her answer "Your friends could phone if they wanted to come over. Friends suck."

Everytime I see someone I know on facebook "Like" "Friends are like family you get to choose" I die a little bit. I cannot imagine being that close to someone because I never see any "Friends" very often, and I often feel like they are just people I talk to online.

I mean it's not like I go to school (Or have the choice to) I'm homeschooled and cannot see kids regularly, and my mother refuses to drive me anywhere or even leave people come here if they get their own ride.

Anyone I make friends with she doesn't approve of anyway. I had two friends who's parents were divorced. They were "Freaks". One kid's dad had a government job in the police force he wasn't allowed to talk about. He was "Weird". I have a friend who visits his grandmother every summer (The one who normally lives out of town) (He did have issues with his mother because she had to leave him at his grandmother for two years so she could get a job and house) and claimed he was "Trouble". I had a friend who lived in a regular neighbourhood with regular friends and was totally normal. My mom said he was "Boring".

She claims "If you want friends, find some who will phone you for a change." and pretty much just said "No."

Should I keep asking and trying to reason? Are friends just a waste of time?

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pianissimo Offline
Used to be Floriferous
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: My mom and friends... - July 20th 2011, 08:17 PM

That's really odd that your mom is like that. Have you talked to her and asked her why she thinks of friends that way? Maybe it could be because she had a bad experience with some friends at some point and doesn't want you to get hurt.
  Send a message via AIM to Pianissimo Send a message via MSN to Pianissimo Send a message via Skype™ to Pianissimo 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: My mom and friends... - July 20th 2011, 08:48 PM

Sing.Bake.Repeat: Who hasn't had a bad experience with friends? I know in highschool some people she thought were her friends were mean to her.

Other than that I don't get her reasoning. To be hoenst I feel that all her complaints are bigotry rather than some real reason.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread