TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Friends and Family (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/)
-   -   Don't know what to do (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-friends-family/t81399-dont-know-what-do/)

DarkDreams August 9th 2011 09:07 PM

Don't know what to do

My dad is having another kid and it's by a different woman. All of his kids have different moms. My mom has three kids including me by two different guys. I don't think I can handle another one coming from this. What do I do.:mad:

SparklingWine August 9th 2011 09:12 PM

Re: Don't know what to do

Well, unfortunately, whether you're read or not, the baby is coming. So, that said, you're going to have to figure out another way to handle the way you're feeling. I think a good thing to do would be to express to your dad how you're feeling about the new baby. What exactly bugs you or upsets you about your dad having another child? I think the best thing you can do is emotionally and mentally prepare yourself for this baby. A good way to do that is to talk to people you trust. Express to a friend or a trusted adult your feelings on the baby. When the baby comes, maybe spend time with it and bond with it. Obviously you can't hold a grudge against the baby, so why not form a good relationship with it. This could make you feel better about the situation :d

DarkDreams August 10th 2011 02:42 AM

I don't want anything to do with that thing.

SparklingWine August 10th 2011 02:54 AM

Why though? Honestly.. the baby isn't the problem.

PSY August 10th 2011 07:33 PM

I think the real question here is, "Do you want to have a relationship with your father?"

If the answer is, "yes," then I would suggest you "make nice" to the baby, regardless of how you feel. Your father is going to be quite upset if you blatantly express your hatred toward his newest child. That doesn't mean you can't express yourself, though. Talk to your father. Tell him why exactly this bothers you. Are you afraid he'll stop paying attention to you if there's a baby to take care of? Are you angry that he's spending time with other women and not with your mother?

If the answer is, "no," then I guess you can say and do whatever you'd like regarding the baby. It's your choice, and if you want nothing to do with your father or the baby, then I won't tell you to "make nice" to either of them. I would, however, suggest that you find ways to cope with your frustration after ceasing contact with your father. Lynds already suggested talking to friends or a trusted adult, both of which are good ways to cope. You can also occupy your time by doing things you enjoy. Take your mind off of this negative aspect of your life, and focus on becoming the person you want to be. You can't control what your father does or change who he is, but you can control what you do and who you are. =)

DarkDreams August 11th 2011 02:32 AM

I just went at with my father we want nothing to do with eachother