TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ashley

Unhappy Help me! - August 13th 2011, 02:43 AM

Sorry this is long!

My step sister and I used to be close. I taught her how to sing the alphabet, what vowels were, how to read, add, subtract and how to write words into a sentence. I used to read to her, and she would read to me. We wrote a story together, we would play games, and watch movies. She loves arts and crafts, reading, and singing. I love her to death. She was in kindergarten and was so advanced her teacher was shocked at how much she knew. She is now going into second grade, during first grade and kindergarten I helped her with homework.

I have been getting daily headaches and migraines about three or four times a week. Nothing completely gets rid of the pain. They are getting horrible. Everything causes them, I can no longer read stories, or write for a long period of time. I am taking breaks while writing this. Loud sounds bother me, along with concentrating on most things. I can't sit through a movie, or do my summer homework for my college classes. It is really bothering me.

No one in my family really accepts my step sister besides me. I feel bad for her, and the less time I sound with her the more depressed she gets and she starts getting in trouble. It's to hard to do all the things I used to do with her. I've been told I have done more then enough to make her happy and smart but I don't want to neglect her like or biological mother does. I feel like crap when I see her getting sad, she is 7 years old and has talked about how much she thinks no one loves her.... At SEVEN!

I guess my question is; Does anyone have any ideas on what we could do together so I could spend time with her? I tried doing stuff with her even Ruth I was in pain, but then I get frustrated and that's not fun for either of us.... HELP ME PLEASE! I don't want to lose her.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Help me! - August 13th 2011, 03:21 AM

I think it's great how much you have helped her it's very sad that she is feeling like that at such a young age.

It seems that all of your problems are steming from the migraines. I really think you should go to the doctor and get an MRI to make sure that there isn't any issues that need to be taken care of in your brain. The doctors can also put you on a daily medication to help prevent the migraines and a special migraine medicine called Imitrex (it's what I am on and it works great) that you can take when you get a migraine. Once you get the migraine issue taken care of you will be free to spend more time with your sister.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help me! - August 13th 2011, 03:35 AM

I have had headaches since I was three, they are just starting to get really bad. O have had three doctors give up in me because they can't find the problem. I have been on imitrex before and it did what most medications that I have tried do... Made it worse. I have gotten multiple MRIs, EEGs, and EKGs... Nothing is there. The only thing they have found was a disturbance in my brain waves which could mean seizures but I dint have physical symptoms of seizures. I have been told by quite a few doctors that I will have them for life. So there is nothing I cam do about me, but her, I know if I found away to spend time with her she can feel better because she will know how much I love her again. But there is no ways for us to spend time with each other. The little time I spend with her I am in major pain, but I try not to show it. Once our time is up I cry and cry and cry because I am in so much pain. She saw me once and thought it was her fault. I want to help her, I give up on helping my sorry ass.

Last edited by Ashleylovesyou; August 13th 2011 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Typo

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Help me! - August 13th 2011, 04:23 AM

like i said, you can still be helped

i promise you, you gotta help yourself first. You gotta be truly happy. Sometimes you gotta focus on yourself first... you know there's only so much one can give . If he/she gives too much, he's drained out and is too tired to treat himself to anything. Please remember, we all love you. And try some other doctors. Some other doctors, like i said in a previous thread, might be able to diagnose what you're going through.

we love you. stay strong and its great that you love your sister so much. She's lucky to have you !

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help me! - August 13th 2011, 04:27 AM

I am lucky to have all of you! Thanks a lot for the hope!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Help me! - August 13th 2011, 04:38 AM

and we are lucky to be able to help you. remember that you're a wonderful girl , a girl that deserves the best. we all love you. DO NOT GIVE UP!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Help me! - August 14th 2011, 01:05 AM

Seven-year-old children can understand the concept of chronic illness/pain... so why not be honest with her? Explain that you want to be there for her, but you have something called "migraines" which makes it reeeeeally hard to do some things. Believe me, she'll understand. The explanation will ensure that she doesn't keep blaming herself when you say you can't be with her.

Next, talk to her teacher and school administrators (ex. school counselor, principal). Explain that your home environment isn't very good at the moment, and you'll be leaving for college soon. Your step-sister is going to need extra support, and since she can't get it at home, she'll need to get it from school.

Finally, when you do spend time with your sister, encourage her to be your "helping hand". Children need to feel productive when their parents (or parental figures) are sick/injured. Give your step-sister little chores to do every day, and emphasize how helpful she's being to you by doing those chores. For example, you could give her a mission: clean her bedroom as quietly as she can. Make it a game, but one that won't push you past your limits. She could also be put on "sleep patrol": make sure no one wakes you up while you wait for the migraine headache to go away.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Help me! - August 14th 2011, 01:13 AM

Those are really good ideas and I think I'll use them! Thanks!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Charlai Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help me! - August 18th 2011, 06:32 PM

first things first figure out what's wrong wit u den y all d headaches n stuff n den u can go back 2 doing wat u used to do wit her hope this helps

Closed Thread