TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Erin Jude

Unhappy being second best - August 26th 2011, 04:33 AM

Okay so I have two really bestfriends right now named lily and deanna. Deanna tells lily everything and, it hurts. What's wrong with me?? I get that there are things that things that she doesn't want to tell me but still I hate being considered second best. And me and deanna fight alot so I don't want to loose her but I'm kind of tired of being "unworthy" of not knowing what's going on. And the worst part?....she does it right in front of me and tells lily stuff. Should I just give up??
  Send a message via Skype™ to ☪ ERIN JUDE ☪ 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: being second best - August 26th 2011, 04:53 AM

Hey there. If the friendship means that much to you, then I wouldn't give up on it. I would try and talk to your friend Deanna when Lily isn't around. If Lily isn't around, then you might get Deanna to hear your side. If she is around Lily, then she might act differently. I would tell Deanna that while you totally get she is allowed to have other friends, you're also feeling a bit left out. I would also mention the fact that you know she tells Lily things right in front of you, and that it's obvious to you, and it hurts your feelings. If you two fight a lot, then maybe it's worth mentioning something like "I feel like we've been bumping heads a lot lately." And maybe suggest hanging out just you and her. If she can't make changes in the friendship, then it might be best to start hanging out with other people. Friendships are two way streets. She needs to put in her part.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread