TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Tessa

is this okay..... - October 1st 2011, 06:58 AM

Hey there,

So theres this girl that I kinda used to date, we had a thing a couple months ago, we had some painful drama and we stopped talking for a few months but i never got over her, and now we are friends again. I know she doesnt feel the same way about me as I do for her, but thats not the issue. So my best friend, lets call her A, absoultly can't stand the other girl, we will call her J. So J and A, are not friends, not even a little, mostly A hates J for breaking my heart and hurting me but she also dislikes J for treating her badly and doing some not kind things to her. I know A gets upset whenever I talk about J, she doesn't know that we are pretty good friends and that we have been hanging out outside of school again. I even pretend to not be in love with J anymore. A knows how I "used" to feel about J and what happened between us and all that, and she knows she broke my heart, she knows I never felt the way about anyone the way I felt about J. Yeah theres alot of complicated stuff. I think A doesn't understand why I can't not just stop talking to J, even after all J has put me through, I still need her in my life, even if its just as a friend. A says it makes her sad because she knows i deserve better than being hurt by herr and that i can do better than J, and that J doesn't deserve me. i know A does it out of love, because I've done the same for her. A just doesn't want me to get hurt again. I know she does it because she cares

So my real question is, do you think its easier to just pretend to A that I dont have feelings for J anymore? Should I tell A? what would you do? On the one hand I hate lying to my bestfriend but on the other I don't want to upset her.....

Sorry if this seems really pathetic.....anyways thats the end of my rant.
-Tessa

"You're never gonna spread your disease,So take your hands off of me"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: is this okay..... - October 1st 2011, 04:12 PM

Hey there, I moved this over to Friends and Family since it is about your friendship with A.

Honestly, I wouldn't keep lying to your best friend. If she finds out that you are still friends with J, she will be very upset. I would come clean and just let her know that it is very hard to get over J and that you still want to talk to her. She should understand even if she doesn't agree because she knows how much J meant to you. Maybe she can even help you get over J.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread