TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ontheBUS Offline
Not a n00b

Sickeningly alone - October 5th 2011, 06:04 AM

I'm 19 and I live alone with my mom. We are generally close but after my parents divorced I started having issues with both of them. My dad is now out of the picture, and I have a ton of resentment toward my mom, but I deal with it. I'm in an outpatient rehab program (emotional, not substance abuse) right now, but it isn't helping. I do what my counselors say (I am really upfront about what I need from my mom and tell her when I'm upset), but she only responds about 50% of the time. She used to be very emotionally/verbally abusive and neglectful, and since I've started rehab she has begun to behave that way again.
She is SO petty. Just to give an idea of the situation, I rented a movie a few nights ago. She wanted to watch it, so I kept it late and had to pay a late fee. She watched it without me. I made a point of telling her how much it cost me and how far out of my way I had to drive to return it-- nothing. I was also fired from my job this weekend and began attempting contact with an ex-- she was uninterested in talking about it. It's been about 3 days of almost no communication, and tonight she started grilling me about a delivery I'm getting tomorrow. I paid for it, I will be here to accept it-- but she INSISTS that I cancel because she won't be here and SHE has to be in control. She said it in a way that makes my blood boil. She then locked me out of her room, despite that fact that I was COMMANDED to return a couple of bath towels to her. I poured water on them and left them on the floor. I was so pissed, and I don't care.
I have ZERO friends and no family close by. I have NO money to move out any time soon, and I feel like I'm making myself sick by staying here. You can only try fixing a situation for so long before you have to realize it's not good for you. I would rather be alone because I live alone, as opposed to being alone because i'm ignored. I feel like absolute shit between being fired and having almost no social life and coming home to this every night. I literally make myself sick holding in the hysteria I feel when she makes me angry, but I'm just as sick over the stress of telling her how I feel and then anticipating a fight.
The ex I am trying to get back in touch with was having a lot of personal issues when we split, and now all I have to go off of is his facebook page, which makes it look like a lot has changed. I'm a ball of stress wondering if anything is going to come of my contacting him, and I'm projecting a ton of resentment onto him just for having a life when I DON'T, and I am SO in need of someone right now! (It's not a situation where I can tell him that =( )

So I don't know what to do. I'm at a place where I basically live my own life and just come home here. I don't get affection from ANYBODY, and I don't even have buddies I can chat with at school. I could go a whole day without speaking to anyone, or I could quit school leave town for a while buy a timeshare...and if i came home by 7 my mom wouldn't know =P As HYSTERICAL as I feel, I also feel like I'm an ADULT this time and I'm just TIRED of it! What can I POSSIBLY do for myself??! I have been living this hell for 6 years!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cho Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hannah

Re: Sickeningly alone - October 7th 2011, 06:17 PM

I don't know if this is of any help but I know how it feels to be lonely, too. And though it may feel as though EVERYONE has such a great social life, it isn't true. I completed high school last year. All my friends moved away to college and Uni, while I stayed home and took a year off. When im not working and its the week I literally have no social life. On weekends i'll go out with friends if things work out. My boyfriend lives three hours away so I only see him about every two weeks. In order to not feel so depressed about my situation i've been trying to find another job so that I can raise enough money in order to move out. By moving out I hope to meet some new people, gain back a bit of a social life. Could one of your goals be to find another job and try to save up to move out too?

Closed Thread