TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sanity has left the building
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

Angry Little sister - November 1st 2011, 05:29 AM

Ok so my little sister is a bit mean considering she hits anything that moves cuz of her dad she clings to my girlfriend more than i do. whether i keep asking her to leave us alone to my mom and stepdad forcing her to leave us alone she never does. Any Ideas on how to get her to buzz off (please note this girl is 7 and i've tried everything and yes i may seem like a jerk but i'm desperate lol)

"It's okay. Life doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be lived." Dexter Morgan

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Re: Little sister - November 1st 2011, 03:40 PM

I understand you.
I have a little sister who's 9.
When she was 7 she never left me alone with my friends. The most annoying thing was that she didn't care about me when I was alone, but when my best friend came to my house she couldn't leave us by ourselves. I used to pick her up and leave her in the sitting room with my mom and if that didn't work my mom came and pick her up.

I'm afraid there's not a real solution to your problem, but maybe telling your mother to pick her up when you don't want her to stay with you may be a good idea.

I promise that she'll leave you alone when you don't want her in a few years, she just has to grow up.
My sister used to be this annoying since she was 8.
If your sister is like mine, you don't have to wait for a long time!

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Little sister - November 1st 2011, 05:04 PM

You don't sound like a jerk to me. You're allowed to want to spend time alone, with your friends. I have a little brother, so I know how this goes. It's quite possible that your sister is feeling left out or wants to hang out with you because she loves you. What you could try is saying something like "If you leave me and friend alone for a while, we'll come play a game with you. But you HAVE to give me my space." Hopefully she agrees to that. Maybe even hang out with her first. You also could hang out with friends away from the home. She might be upset for you leaving at first, but she won't be upset forever. And you can always make it up to her when you get home. Bear in mind, she is only seven. Little siblings admire their older siblings. While she may be annoying at times, she's still your little sister. Things will eventually even out. :]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Sanity has left the building
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

Re: Little sister - November 1st 2011, 06:46 PM

Serena. yeah my sister is a lot like yours haha and yeah she only sticks with me when she's over but when she's not she couldnt care less about me. and lynds i'll give it a shot but stuff like that is hard to negotiate with her when it comes to that because she's headstrong but thank you both

"It's okay. Life doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be lived." Dexter Morgan

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BabyGirl767 Offline
Meow! Woof Woof! Moooo! Baaaa!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Little sister - November 2nd 2011, 06:36 PM

You don't sound mean or like a jerk. Speaking from the point of view of the little sister(I am the youngest in my family I have 2 older brothers nick(22) and stephen(27)) when I was young and Stephen was in high school I would constantly bug him by hanging out with him and his friends because I wanted to be with him, I looked up to him, his friends actually geniuenly(sp?) cared about and liked me, to be honest I don't think it really bothered Stephen the only time it bothered him is when I overstayed my welcome and wouldn't go away after he asked me to. I remember sitting in his room with him and I heard stuff about drugs in a song that was playing and he said to me "Ashley they are talking about drugs, drugs are bad, don't ever do drugs, okay?" Even though he and I fought a lot he still would play funny games with me and our brother nick there was this game where Stephen pretended to be t-Rex and nick and I would have to find a place to try and hide. If he found us we would have to be really still when he came into whatever room we were in and he would walk up to us and get close to us and start sniffing us, if we laughed or moved he would attack us by tickling us silly! Stephen made time to hang out with us. He even let me sleep on the floor in his room once because I was scared and our parents were not home.
You should sit down with your mom and stepdad ALONE and tell them everything and that your sister needs to understand that while your friends or girlfriend is over that you want time alone with them/her and that as long as she asks first to say hello to your girlfriend that she can. You should try sitting down with your sister,mom,and stepdad and tell your sister that. You love her(I assume you do) but that when she acts out around you and your friends and clings to your girlfriend that it upsets you and really bothers you and that you really want to be left alone, make it clear that maybe if she is a good girl that she can say a quick hello to your girlfriend (if your comfortable with that.) set rules. Your sister looks up to you, the other thing is she probably feels left out and forgotten, maybe take her to the park or read her a bedtime story even sitting down to color or do something she wants to do with you. Watch a funny movie with her. Spending time with her may help the situation get better.

I was born with a genetic disorder called neurofibromatosis, it causes tumors to grow in my body on nerves,my spine,and under my skin. I have a tumor in the thalamus region of my brain. I also have heartburn,hypothyroidism and secondary adrenal insufficiency these are under control with medication.
I also have hip dysplasia and scoliosis.

Send a message via AIM to BabyGirl767  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Disneygirl94 Offline
I believe I Can Fly
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kaitlyn

Re: Little sister - November 2nd 2011, 08:38 PM

Your not a jerk, everybody feels this way with little siblings. My brother still does it to me with my boyfriend and i and hes alomst 14. I just say maybe this is her way of wanting attention from you. She looks up to you as a role model. Try making deals with her like if you don't bug my girlfriend and i today then i'll do.....with you. Thats why my brother clings, cuz he has never really had a male that he can connect with other than my dad that is older than him and he has my sister who is his twin. Just try spending some time with her, it will help to in the future when you guys are older.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Little sister - November 3rd 2011, 12:50 PM

I used to do that to my older brother when I was a kid and quite often ended up getting kicked (literally) out of his bedroom and it would end up in a massive fight and I'd end up in tears because he would hit me for being annoying . Maybe tell her that if she goes and plays on her own for an hour or so, then you'll play with her later, after you've had some time alone with your friends/girlfriend.

Closed Thread