TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
josh_e10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Mum and Dad having to declare bankruptcy and my home may have to be sold. Can I move in with my friend? - November 30th 2011, 06:38 PM

Basically, about 4 years ago my Mum, Dad and brother bought around 8 houses 4 years ago for investment, when the housing market was good. But homes that we might have bought for 250,000 are only worth under 100,000 now. My Dads business has been paying the mortgages on these every month, and the business just can survive with all this debt having to be paid. My Mum and Dad are now split back in January and in order to go ahead with the divorce, the houses have to be paid off. We're talking possibly over 1,000,000 here. The family would have to declare bankruptcy to get around all this, and this means me and my Mum being hit the hardest, because our home would have to be sold and all of mums bank accounts will be closed etc, so we would be basically on the streets. I am only 15 and have had the most rough year even 60 year olds haven't been though, this is just the icing to the cake. My friend has offered me to move into his house, but can I do this at age 15 if we lose our house? I don't want to move in with my Dad because frankly, he is a selfish bastard and we would argue all the time, no doubt of that. He would be able to support me financially because the business would be in a limited company and it couldn't be touched by the courts, but no way in hell would he give any money to mum. I couldn't live with my brother or sister because frankly, they have their own young children etc and couldn't cope with more people in their house, and I just couldn't cope with children 24/7. My friends house is the best option cause their family is just like my family to me, and its not to far away from my school. Is it possible remembering my age?

Thanks for all your help and advice in advance.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Mum and Dad having to declare bankruptcy and my home may have to be sold. Can I move in with my friend? - December 1st 2011, 02:28 AM

Is it possable? Yes. Is it likely? No. The problem is that if you do move in to your friends house, you father does have the right to go to court and say that you are living in a bad situation - and frankly, (depending on where you live in the world), he will be able to forceably make you move into his house. See sometimes families are on the streets, and then once the police find out, they soemtimes will take the children away to foster homes, because their mom and father (or guardian) can not take care of them. If you mom approves of you moving in with your friend then maybe its best, but if not i hate to say it but you may be going to your fathers house.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread