TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThornedRose Offline
You're scrumdiddlyumptious!
Average Joe

Name: Sydney

Is there anything I can do about this? - December 4th 2011, 01:08 AM

I have had eating problems in the past, I would eat around [edited] cals a day but I haven't had those problems since June. This is the problem, I'm vegan (used to be vegetarian) and have been for little while and my parents want me to eat more. I don't. So, they told me I couldn't be vegan anymore.....now I don't turn 18 until April. < pay no mind to my age over there and they buy my groceries so I honestly don't know what I could do about the matter. I wish I could get emancipated. Do you guys know of anything I could do about this?

Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you will realize they were the big things.

Last edited by SparklingWine; December 5th 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Posting calorie figures is against the rules.
  Send a message via Yahoo to ThornedRose  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Incompris Offline
Isaiah 40:30-31
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Chandler

Re: Is there anything I can do about this? - December 4th 2011, 01:23 AM

Sit down and talk to them about you being vegan and explain why you are vegan. Promise them if they get vegan food you will eat more. Set up some sort of plan where you will eat at least X amount of calories each day. Eating less than about [edited] a day is bad for your health and they seem they are just truly concerned about you.

We were made to be courageous.

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

Last edited by SparklingWine; December 5th 2011 at 05:26 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ThornedRose Offline
You're scrumdiddlyumptious!
Average Joe

Name: Sydney

Re: Is there anything I can do about this? - December 4th 2011, 02:38 AM

Oy, I understand. Although I don't want to eat that many calories I know how unhealthy it is and that I need to eat healthily. Thank you.

Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you will realize they were the big things.
  Send a message via Yahoo to ThornedRose  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Is there anything I can do about this? - December 4th 2011, 04:59 AM

I agree, communication is #1. But if communication fails, then maybe you should just get a few things at the store that you can store in your room - things that you wil eat and will eat when you feel like it. But do the communcation thing first.

I also think it is extremely unhealthy to only have [edited] calories. Maybe if you threw in a small thing that has alot of calories and only eat that once aday that should help.

I hope you find a happy medium.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Last edited by SparklingWine; December 5th 2011 at 05:27 PM.

Closed Thread