TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
adriang10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adrian Garza

My parents will separate - December 25th 2011, 11:09 PM

every year is harder, my mom and my dad disagree in every possible thing that happens in their life, recently there have been a lot of fights, now my mom says that we will be spending new year alone, we were going to travel all together but my mom says that if that happens they will end up fighting for something, and that she doesn't want to deal with my dad.

I know they won't be together much longer, I can see in my mom's suffering that she won't last much, but now that I know that in some future they will separate, and probably divorce, how am I supposed to prepare for this? I can't! I just imagine the pain I would feel if my mom or my dad say to me that they will be living in separate places or that they can't be together any longer. I don't know how to prepare for this
  Send a message via Skype™ to adriang10 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: My parents will separate - December 26th 2011, 04:49 AM

There isn't much you can do to prepare for it. Trust me, My parents just split up recently, its not as bad as you imagine it being - and in alot of cases, its alot more peaceful around the house after one of the parents moves out of the house. I know you don't want to see you mom or dad upset, but unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to not make them be sad or upset. After the separation - the pain on both sides will go away after a few months and then everyone will move on and do there own thing and there wont be fighting, or much unhappiness going around. I wish I could tell you tips on preparing for the divorce, but there isn't anything that you really can do - just hope for the best.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread