TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lilp12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help me leave town. - December 26th 2011, 04:47 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

No matter what i do its wrong. My sister told me at my grandpas funeral "you show no emotion do you because you dont care" my friend is my only friend and my dad calls me names and im never doing anything right. I'm bullied 24/7. I think every night "why am i alive" I have deciced to runaway. I am only 12.I wont make out of Kentucky with out help. I cant go to Nashville so ill head for LA. If you can help me in any way please im begging you too. I am dieing a slow painful death here.I live in the Evansville area. Please help in any way.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Help me leave town. - December 26th 2011, 05:23 PM

Running away is not a good idea, especially if you are only 12. Your sister may say mean things to you, but that is what most siblings do. Your father is probably just kidding around when he calls you names, if it really bothers you then just tell him to stop. Your family still loves you, and you need them to provide for you. You aren't ready to live on your own yet. Having a friend is better than none, too. Maybe your friend could introduce you to their friends so you can make some more? If you are being bullied, then you need to tell an adult about this. Avoid those who bully you and just ignore it, because if they see they aren't getting a reaction from you then they will stop.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: Help me leave town. - December 28th 2011, 03:42 AM

Hey there,
First off, I'm sorry to hear that things are so tough for you right now. This may not be what you want to hear, but like Nicole posted before me, running away isn't a good idea. Running away is extremely dangerous, especially because you are so young. Here is part of an online article that I think you should read and really take into consideration.

Quote:
The Reality of Running Away
When you think about running away, you probably imagine that there will be no more rules, no parent to tell you what to do, no more fights. Sounds great and exciting, right?

In reality, running away is anything but fun. Kids and teens who run away face new problems like not having any money, food to eat, a safe place to sleep, or anyone to look out for them.

People with no home and no money become desperate, doing anything just to meet their basic needs. Because of this, they often find themselves in risky situations that would be frightening, even for adults. Runaway kids get involved in dangerous crimes much more often than kids who live at home.

Kids who live on the streets often have to steal to meet basic needs. Many take drugs or alcohol to get through the day because they become so depressed and feel that no one cares about them. Some are forced to do things they wouldn't normally do to make money. The number of kids with HIV or AIDS and other diseases is higher on streets, too, because these kids might use IV drugs or have unprotected sex (often for money).
(Source)

I understand things are really hard right now and the last thing you want to do is stay where you are. But I think the first thing you should do is reach out for help and support. It's okay to not be okay. And it's okay to get help. We all need help sometimes. I would really recommend you speak to a trusted adult. Whether that's a school guidance counselor, teacher, family doctor, etc. You deserve to be happy and healthy, and you don't need to go through all of this alone. They are there to help, and while it might be scary to even think about talking to one of them, it's definitely worth it. If you feel you can't talk to someone right off the bat, try calling a hotline.

I hope this advice helps. I know it's not what you're looking for, but I truly believe that running away isn't the answer. I really hope you consider asking for support.

Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: Help me leave town. - December 28th 2011, 11:10 PM

I agree with both posters - you sometimes need to ask for help. School counselor, a family member other than the ones who you have problems with. Running away is never a good solution. You cant run away from your problems because they will find you eventually. The best way to go is to confront them. I know its hard, and I'm not going to lie and say it is easy - but you deserve to be alive, and you are here for a reason. I know this because I have been in the same situation with you but after people like us who told me too seek help, I eventually did and thus I was put on a track to success and happiness. Its never to late to seek help, and it doesn't mean you are weak. No one can survive life without having someone to lean on... find that someone.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
leavemealone Offline
I Still Miss You <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raewyn

Re: Help me leave town. - December 28th 2011, 11:17 PM

You may think that running away is going to solve all of your problems, but its just going to add onto your stress level. What you need right now is for someone to show love and compassion to you and to try and understand that your young and not everything you do is going to be exactly what someone wants you to do. Instead of running away from the problems that are going to follow you, try and solve them by talking to a trusted adult or try and get your sister to see that what you really need right now is for her to be respectful to you and nice instead of acting out at you when you don't deserve it. You deserve much better.

Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire

Closed Thread