TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JaJa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation we want to leave - January 22nd 2012, 11:09 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

okay so im JaJa im 14 my boyfriend is 15 we both get pissed at our parents and teachers and friends and its got to the point when we skip school and just hang we love eachother and are planning on getting married and we know that were very young but we are confident about us. our parents refuse to let us be together even though we love eachother alot so we decided we'd leave we want to pack and go since my dad throws me out all the time we decided on revenge so we are going to start new in america where we can have a life together. we'd like to know if were doing the right thing even though it will hurt people what should we do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: we want to leave - January 22nd 2012, 11:20 PM

If you're financially able to support you and your boyfriend on your own, then go out and experience the world. But if you cannot financially support yourself and/or your boyfriend, then staying in your current living situation is your best option. Being in love and being homeless may be cool for a couple seconds, but life will bite back at you. Stay where you are, focus on your future, and worry about moving out of your parent's house and living with your boyfriend later on. Right now isn't the time.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: we want to leave - January 23rd 2012, 12:49 AM

I agree. Can you support yourselves? How will you earn money? How will you get an education? Remember - if you leave your education behind (especially not even passing High School), you will most likely not get a job - meaning no money.

What would I do? I would stay where I am. You will always be mad at your parents - and maybe even hate them. But you have a roof over your head, food, water, and the basics. On the street you have nothing.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: we want to leave - January 23rd 2012, 01:04 AM

If you don't have at LEAST a high school diploma or GED in the United States... you're screwed. You WILL NOT get hired, unless it's to do something that an undocumented immigrant would normally be hired to do (ex. picking fruit).

I agree with Brandon and Chris. Even if you CAN support yourselves financially right now, how far will that really take you in the long run? Can you afford an apartment after combining your two salaries (assuming you even have jobs at 14/15 years old)?

Even if you can afford to put a roof over your heads, what about food? Transportation? Medical insurance? What about when you have a child together - do you realize how much a child costs to raise?

Finally, what about your overall quality of life? Sure, you'll have each other... but what about 10 years from now, when you're in the same lousy jobs with no chance of being promoted/getting a raise? Don't you think that will influence how you feel about each other? It will cause unnecessary stress. In the end, that stress could tear you two apart.

So while it's a sweet concept - running away from the "evil" parents and taking control of your lives - it's simply not practical. You're better off staying at home until you have a solid plan. Get your basic education, find a job, move out once you can afford to do so, and start your lives together as independent adults.

Closed Thread