TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

My parents are being very disrespectful to me. Help? - February 13th 2012, 12:40 AM

I am 16 years old. I live with my 12 year old brother, 14 year old brother, and my 2 month old sister. My dad left when I was only 10, and he's not in my life much. When he was, though, he and my mom at least had the decentcy to not do what my mom and step dad do. :/

My mom and step dad have been married for around a year and a half. He's a nice guy, he really is. He makes my mom happy, and I'm glad about that. But there is one thing he and my mom, but mostly him, do that make me very uncomfortable.

I have days where he will just randomly talk about where and when and how him and my mom have had sex. Some days he talks more descriptive than most. It's an image in my head that I really could live without.

He'll talk about her boobs and what he does to them or how much he loves them right in front of god and everyone. Not only that, but he'll kiss her a whole bunch right in front of us and touch all over her and grab her butt.

I've told both of them how uncomfortable it makes me, because that's my mom right there. I don't want to know all of that! Duh, I don't mind them having sex but to make it well known to everyone? I don't like it.

So yeah, I've told them. And my step dad does it anyways. My mom never tells him to stop and it's getting to the point to where I have occasional nightmares and mental images that just make me want to puke.

Am I wrong for feeling this way? Should I just let it be? If not, how in god's name can I get them to stop being like this? Advice is very welcomed.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: My parents are being very disrespectful to me. Help? - February 13th 2012, 01:12 AM

I would be pretty grossed out in that situation too. Have you talked to your mom about how you feel? She might be able to get him to at least calm it down a little.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: My parents are being very disrespectful to me. Help? - February 13th 2012, 01:20 AM

I have talked to both of them. I've talked to both together and one on one. My step dad just won't stop. My mom says "I'm 36 and it's my husband, so it's allowed" :/

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My parents are being very disrespectful to me. Help? - February 13th 2012, 01:36 AM

Ohhh boy. Sounds like your mom just wants to do her own thing, eh? Basically, she's acting like a kid. Well, if reasoning won't work, maybe you could get her to see things your way by talking about things that are likely to gross her out. Ask her how often your grandparents did it, and if they still do it. Talk about how gruesome your last period was. Yeah, it's immature - but if your mom comments on how disgusting the topic is, you could say, "Now you know how I feel when you and [husband] talk about sex in front of me! I don't care if you do it, but I don't want all the details. I'm your CHILD, not your GIRL FRIEND who wants to hear about what happened last night. Please, I want you to be yourself, but you're my mom, and I don't want those images in my head!"

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: My parents are being very disrespectful to me. Help? - February 13th 2012, 01:39 AM

You are not wrong for feeling this way, and I would feel pretty uncomfortable with this happening as well.

Since they didn't listen the last time you have told them, I think you should write (or type) a letter expressing all you feel and that you are starting to get affected in negative ways by seeing this and you cant deal with seeing this anymore. Make sure you express all your feelings, and you let all your thoughts out. Then, I would give it to your mom (or step dad).

If after this they still don't listen, then you will have to go through greater lengths to solve this problem; which I wont get into any ideas yet. Hopefully the letter will solve this problem before it affects your mental and emotional state even more than it already has.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: My parents are being very disrespectful to me. Help? - February 13th 2012, 09:27 AM

God! Talk about being immature! No, you're not wrong. It seems really gross, if you ask me. Just talk to both of them again. Firmly. Hope this sorts out soon. Really soon, actually. -_-

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: My parents are being very disrespectful to me. Help? - February 13th 2012, 10:54 PM

My mom wouldn't care if I talked about my period. We're open about that much. And if I mention about my grandparents, she'll say "Well they do talk about it sometimes" and all of that stuff. I've tried saying "What if me and my boyfriend did all that in front of you" but all she's said was "Well it's different. I'm 36 and you're 16."

Closed Thread