TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jorddii

No one seems to like me.. - February 19th 2012, 08:20 PM

I have my friends, but outsiders seem to dislike me. Like my best friend's friends, well some of them, say they dislike me. But they don't really know me. This is not the first time, I am like THE kindest person ever, I am really fun and stuff, so I don't see why they dislike me.

I don't think I come across as a bad person, I'm shy though. But I don't get why that'd mean they dislike me, it just means I am not 100% comfortable with them yet. It's kinda depressing knowing so many people dislike you for like.. no reason.

It's kinda getting to me now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: No one seems to like me.. - February 19th 2012, 09:38 PM

How do you know they dislike you - do they tell you this? I think you are assuming that they don't because they don't talk to you - well you yourself said that your very shy. Personally if someone doesn't put effort into talking to me, I ignore them and don't even act like they are there. Is this what they are doing to you?

It doesn't mean they don't dislike you, it may just be that they don't know you, and they aren't comfortable with talking to you. You have two kinds of speakers: those who are shy & don't start convos, and those who start convos. If you put two people who are not willing to stand up and start a convo - then you have a lack of communication and it may seem like they dislike you. I cant get inside there head and tell you if they do/don't like you - but I recommend being more socially active and start talking alot more. Maybe even build up your confidence levels more.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LostAngels Offline
Glam Rocker/Classic Violinist
Average Joe

Name: Jordan Lorraine

Re: No one seems to like me.. - February 20th 2012, 06:33 PM

Chris summed it up pretty accurately.
Considering you are particularly shy, it will definitely be more difficult for you to make friends. Also, if you are super shy- the type of person who doesn't usually have much to say- these people could be making the assumption you are full of yourself, OR just feel that you aren't comfortable with being around. Either option generally turns people off of speaking to you.

My best advice to you is to try and open up to people a little bit. Let them see that you are an incredibly kind person. Also, unfortunately, people are rather judgmental. If you have an edgy, or simply different appearance, people are more likely to assume things.
But regardless, show them who you really are.
I wish you luck!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" - Stephen Roberts

Closed Thread