TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

My mom hates me. - January 10th 2009, 10:08 PM

My mom is constantly blaming me for absolutely everything.
She has to work twelve hour work days, cause she's a nurse.
And I understand that's tiring. But she is constantly blaming me (the one who can't ever sleep a wink) for not getting enough sleep. Because apparently, my wanting to stay up ' late ' every night causes her to not get any sleep whatsoever. Which isn't true. But that's not all she gets worked up about. She tells me that I only care about myself, that I'm the absolute rudest kid in the world, and sometimes she even tells me that she hates me. The other day she basically stated that she wouldn't mind if I killed myself. It's so hard, because she's the one I depend on for things. I want to go see a doctor to see if I'm really depressed, but if she doesn't care or want to take me I can't get there. Sometimes I hate being around my mom so much, because all she does is put me down. Call me a bitch. Then my sister joins her stupid rants, and they both gang up on me and make me feel like shit. Sometimes they make me wish I was dead. They really do. I've talked to my mom, told her how I feel, but she doesn't take me seriously. Sometimes she apologizes, but then goes right back to doing the same thing again. I hate it. My mom makes me want to kill myself. Sometimes I really come close to doing it to.

Please. Help me deal with this, I don' t know what to do anymore.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: My mom hates me. - January 11th 2009, 07:45 AM

Hey Amanda.

Goodness me, I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time with your mom right now. Of course, I'd advise you to ask her to take you to a professional, but since that seems like it wouldn't work out for you very well, do you have any other close relatives who you might be able to talk to who wouldn't unconditionally take your mom's side. It's really important for you to talk to someone unbiased about this situation so they can properly advise you on what to do. If you don't talk to a relative, have you considered seeking out a teacher or counselor at school? Counselors are trained to help students in cases like these, so I imagine they'd be more than willing to try to help you out however they could. [:

Anyway, I really hope that things start shaping up for you and everything. My mom is a nurse for 12 or so hours a day sometimes too, so besides saying hey/telling her good night, I pretty much steer clear of her when she gets off of work--I know she's exhausted. Take care of yourself.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: My mom hates me. - January 11th 2009, 08:14 PM

Thanks.
I try to a avoid my mom. That's why I spend so much time on the computer while she chats away with my sister. But even when I do steer out of her way, I always end up doing something or other wrong. And as for talking to another relative..I don't know. That would just be so awkward for me. I'm close to everyone in my family, but it's hard for me to tell them stuff. I feel at least a little more comfortable telling my mom things like I would have to, but not the other people close to me. I know I have relatives who would do something, but telling them scares me because..they could just never dream anything was ever going on with me. I'm all smiles around everyone. And even when I do tell them things that don't involve me, like "yeah she just won't take the dog to the vet, or get him groomed..and I think he has fleas, but she wont take him still.." it doesn't really help, because all they do is get angry w/ her and then I feel like crap.

The people at my school don't care. I know that sounds stupid and unconvincing, but I go to a real small school, full of a lot of jerky people. And the scary thing that keeps me from telling anyone there is that everyone would find out. Cause the school's so small, you know? And people just find things out. And all the kids already tease me and make me feel like crap a lot. I don't wanna make it worse for myself. And I know any of the people I were to tell would judge me.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Last edited by MadPoet; January 11th 2009 at 08:19 PM.

Closed Thread