TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tapanga Paige Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rikki Heyman

unwelcome - March 2nd 2012, 03:26 AM

The worst feeling in the world is standing in a group of "friends" all of whom only know eachother because they all know you, and being completly ignored. Standing there trying your hardest to be included and watching all of them talk to eachother and ignore you. The worst feeling in the world is being unwelcome amoungst people who are suppoes to be your friends.

<3 RAWR<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: unwelcome - March 2nd 2012, 08:21 PM

I would hangout with them one on one more. See, they seem to be excluding you because you simply don't have that connection that the others may have with each other. You need to start building individual friendships, which will be to your advantage when you are in a group setting. You cant expect to just be involved into a group setting if you don't have a good friendships with those people within the group. Relate to the topics they are talking about, and give your input!

If after you do all this (it will take alot of time, trust me) they still don't talk to you (or include you into the conversation), then I think its time to find new friends.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: unwelcome - March 2nd 2012, 09:00 PM

If you're only standing there and not trying to actively include yourself or forge relationships with them, then you shouldn't expect to get attention. They may feel as though you're ignoring them by being in the middle of the circle of friends but doing nothing. You also have to understand they have been friends with each other longer than they have been friends with you, meaning their relationship with you is significantly weaker. Their friends have similar interests, know what each other likes and feel more trusting to be open. It doesn't matter if they're your friends and you don't actively participate or give a body language with facial expressions of feeling withdrawn and left out, which you likely are producing. Others read these expressions and figure you don't want to socialize with them in particular. You've got to speak up, even if it's a silly comment you make rather than a serious insightful one. Your friends are doing nothing wrong.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread