TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question recipe for divorce? - March 29th 2012, 02:16 AM

hi please listen to what i have to say and let me know what you think. i have reason to believe that my family is falling apart slowly. my parents do fight but nothing physical. they do yell occasionally and my dad yells at my middle sister (14 y/o) sometimes over the smallest things. i just went on a trip to San Francisco and it was great. both parents had a great time. it was for my mom's bday. when we got back my mom did some calculations (not didnt go to college) and found out that we owe my grandpa like $12k. my dad got furious. recently my dad found this new bar by our house (he is not an alcoholic and is not abusive (except when he yells at my sister- who has been affected by it.). he goes to it every so often. one time he said he was going to it and my mom got pist. he returned with her bday gift (nice biking gloves.) i got worried that my dad was seeing people. i guess i watch to many movies . anyways im 16 y/o turning 17soon (male) and i guess i can say im very sensitive. everytime i think of my parents splitting i automatically cry inside and im a mess. if in the worst case this did happen, i dont know what would happen to my mom (unemployed and my cousins- aunt uncle and cousins) moved in with my grandpa because of money issues) so im worried of what would become of her. my dad has a very very good job so hes fine. i literally couldnt bear it if my parents were to slip up. my diabetes (type 1) would probably get out of control that i have spent the past 3 years perfecting. also for my dad's job, (he works for a big company... lets call it dell. and he travels all over he U.S. teaching businesses how to use his product) i see him leave with a suit case and come home but these thoughts have entered my head that i dont know... just that something is weird. i mean hes been traveling with this company for a good what 20 years. so i know im over exaggeration.. but what do you think? i mean is this a bad formula? my parents have been married for like 20 some odd years and im the oldest of 3.

thank you for reading it. i just want some one who has experienced this to let me know how it went.

thanks.

ps. i still think that they love each other but something isnt right.

any feedback is much appreciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: recipe for divorce? - March 29th 2012, 04:50 PM

Your dad has a good job that means he gets paid everyday. They will find the money eventually your grandad will give them time. Telling your parents how you feel would be better. Married couples do argue but they do stay together. Your dad brought your mum a birthday gift he still cares about her. If your family is falling apart wouldn't your dad left by now? The arguments can lead to splitting up if they did it allot. Your parents will find a way through this together by paying your grandad it just takes time. Everything will be okay.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: recipe for divorce? - March 29th 2012, 06:31 PM

It's hard to tell what's going on there, conflict is a part of any relationship, and it doesn't necessarily signal something bad.

You should talk with your folks about what you see and what your concerns are and ask them directly if they're getting divorced. In addition to getting some answers, it also sends them a strong message to deal with that conflict differently than they are.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

Closed Thread