TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
littlejoker Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Becky

Unhappy I want my brother back. - April 1st 2012, 09:38 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My brother Colton has a new girlfriend Ella and she's turning him against me, she's told him lies about me and he's believing everything she says. Last night we got into a big fight and he told me I can go kill myself. He knows I self harm and he got me to stop but last night because of him, I cut again. Our mum and dad are currently fighting for custody because of abuse alligations they are throwing at each other, so me and my brother are in foster care until the matter is resolved so we only have eachother, but now I don't even have him and I feel so alone. I have tried talking to my brother but nothings working, he keeps telling me all I am to him is an annoying kid, he won't even help me with my diabetes anymore and I hate doing the injection by myself as it hurts when I do it. Ella has told my brother that I hit her, when she threw the first punch so I hit her back, and I only hit her once whereas she hit my around 6 or 7 times before I defended myself. The foster parents son is 14 and he's kind of understanding but he's not my brother even though he tried to be. I just want Colton to see my side of the story and be my brother again.

Anyone got any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: I want my brother back. - April 1st 2012, 05:41 PM

He is, and always will be your brother. Unfortunately sometimes we have people in our lives that control us. Sometimes we end up picking a controlling person to be our girlfriend/boyfriend. As a sister, you really cant do anything but accept that hes dating a controlling person - and stand by him. You both are going through a very hard time, and I can tell that you really wish things went back to normal - but as time goes on, people change, things change, and some people get mixed up with the wrong thing or person. As his sister, just realize that he is in fact with a girl who likes to control him, and eventually chances are he will realize that and move on from her.

So, what I'm saying is try to still be his sister. Don't give up. We all go through rough times. Eventually he will realize who was always there for him: you. In the mean time, try to work on your independent skills.

I'm always here if you need to talk.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
invisible girl3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want my brother back. - April 7th 2012, 10:57 PM

My brother right now can't even look at me he calls me a snitch and he says it would b different if it was my oldest brother had done what he did. Let me start from the beggining. My parents left and then my brother came running down the stairs acting suspicious then his friend and two other boys i had never meet came inside the house. Then they went upstairs and a few minutes later i smelt smoke i went up stairs and listened outside his door which i knew was wrong but i did anyway and heared them saying how much more weed cost and if dip was better or not. I thought no my brother would never then i heared him say i just got money from my parents so i could by these ounces and i got scared and went in my room and texted my mom. After about 20 minutes the boys left and i went to my brother and told him i knew what he had done and i told mom he then took my wrists squezzed them hard and cussed and screamed at me and i knew he was high by the way he was acting and he then said I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!! Then he caught the other boys before they left and got in the car with them leaveing me crieing in my room. When my parents got home my dad went out and found him. My parents told me what i did was the right thing but i kept thinking why do i feel so guilty. My brother came home and was ground till further notice and he just kept glareing at me. He hates me now and taunts me more then ever he hurts me inside with his insults and he keeps saying over and over im a snitch. I want to repare are realtionship that wasnt very good to start with and i want him to love me again but i dont know where to start. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Last edited by invisible girl3; April 7th 2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: didnt finish

Closed Thread