TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
scared&alone Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mikki

Family... - January 11th 2009, 06:50 AM

i thought family were ment to suppot you? stand by you? love you? care for you? i dont get it..

I feel so angry towards my family.. is that a bad thing?
I live with my sister but she isnt suppportive at all not one bit...

I told on dad when i was 15.. thought id have my mum to help me through it, but i was wrong, she stuck by him..
When my mum found out what was happening she promised us.. we will move away, we will go down and live by your nana, il keep you safe, i wont let him near you again... and it was all lies

She moved away with my dad and brothers, i get to see my little brother maybe once a year.. its hurts so much that i dont get to see him and i cant go through to see them because my dad is there..

Mum said she cant leave dad because she loves him, and that he has been the only man in her life.. i dont get it...

My sister blames me for what happened to her... guess it must be my fault :S

Im hurting really bad.. none of the family talk to me.. mum talks to me now and again.. but none of my other relatives talk to me..

I dont know what to do..
Im always the problems *cries*

x..I want to be seen..x
x..I want to be heard..x
x..I want to be held..x
x..I want to be safe..x
x..But most of all I want to be loved..x
  Send a message via MSN to scared&alone  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Confused1isin Offline
Straight Edge LIFE!!!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelly or Khaos

Re: Family... - January 11th 2009, 02:49 PM

Hey, sorry to hear things are difficult for you right now. From what I've read it sounds like you have every right to be angry with your family. Idk what happened with your father, but it sounds like a situation to avoid. Have you tried talking to your mom, and seeing if you can maybe arrange visits with your little brother where your dad won't be there. You need to remember that things aren't your fault. If you want to talk, feel free to PM me.

"It took a funeral to make me feel alive"
"
Forget regret or life is yours to miss, no other road, no other way. No DAY BUT TODAY!!!!"
  Send a message via AIM to Confused1isin Send a message via MSN to Confused1isin  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Family... - January 11th 2009, 02:58 PM

Hey Mikki. Generally, family is supposed to do what you mentioned above. But, alas, everyone in your family are only people as well. This means, they are prone to making mistakes. I'm sorry the mistakes they made had to affect you like this though. You have every reason to be angry and hurt because of them. Anyone would be. But, what happened and is happening, isn't you fault. You can't blame yourself and place that burden on you. You did the right thing by telling. Your mom did the wrong thing by denying it and choosing him over you. Your sister did the wrong thing by blaming you. It isn't your fault. Like Kelly said above, maybe, when you get to talk to your mom you could ask to set up meeting to see your younger brother. Without your dad. Listen, I know it hurts when people ignore you and make you feel unwanted, but don't you give up ok? Things will get better if you hang on and keep trying. You don't deserve this treatment and you don't need to take it. I'm always here for you if you need to talk about this or anything at all. I'll always reply. Take care.

~Stay strong and have faith~

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
scared&alone Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mikki

Re: Family... - January 12th 2009, 03:33 PM

ive tried asking mum, but she doesnt want me seeing him. so i must having done something wrong to make her come to that decisions..

xx

x..I want to be seen..x
x..I want to be heard..x
x..I want to be held..x
x..I want to be safe..x
x..But most of all I want to be loved..x
  Send a message via MSN to scared&alone  
Closed Thread