Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar
   Halloween Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Horsefeathers. Offline
Not all wild things.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Breakfast. - April 30th 2015, 11:20 PM

I am not a morning person. I don't function well until about the middle of the day, and lately this has become a problem. Without any kind of actual schedule anymore (since I'm not at uni this year) I've gotten into the habit of not actually eating breakfast. For the last few years I would only really eat it because I knew I needed to pay attention during class, but with that stress gone I can't bring myself to actually have food in the morning. I usually just drink some coffee and then go straight to lunch when it's time. This is something I really want to work on, but I've always had issues with breakfast, and my issue at the moment is this: there is nothing I can think of that seems appetising in the morning.

So I'm hoping you guys will give me some suggestions on what I can eat for breakfast that's simple and also tasty. Bear in mind that if you're going to suggest specific brands/products we may not have them here so a description would be better than a name... and also bear in mind that I'm vegetarian, so please nobody suggest bacon.

Any suggestions are welcome, though, so please give me what you've got.

we're gonna stay right here
until midnight, and we'll be howling,
we'll be howling at the moon.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: Breakfast. - May 1st 2015, 12:39 AM

I like to make pure fruit smoothies if I have time. If not, I just grab a piece of fruit.

Breakfast recipes sound like a good idea for me too. I'll be following this thread.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#3 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Re: Breakfast. - May 1st 2015, 01:00 AM

I really like eating yogurt with fruit or granola. It's fast, healthy, and light. I also eat cereal with frozen blueberries/raspberries and milk at least once a day... sometimes twice (I usually use Cheerios, but you could use any kind of cereal, like corn flakes or wheat squares).

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Wheek! Offline
Eat, sleep, repeat!

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Re: Breakfast. - May 1st 2015, 02:53 AM

Yeah, I have that problem too. A lot of the time food just seems ick until I've been up for a while. I mean, I've always been a fan of cereal. Maybe something like pancakes/waffles can also be good, since you can get them in various ways (blueberry, strawberry, chocolate chip, etc). Heck, if you look in your frozen food section you can probably find microwaveable or toaster-able ones. I also like these toaster pastries I have. They're put out by Pillsbury or a store brand here, but basically it's a pastry with a filling inside. It can be strawberry, cherry, apple, etc etc etc. Or you can get your favorite type of muffin?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.
Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Breakfast. - May 1st 2015, 03:14 AM

Fruit smoothies are a good way to get your energy up and metabolism going without having to put anything heavy in your stomach, if that's the problem you have with eating breakfast in the mornings. Most of the time, I'm not hungry when I wake up in the mornings, so I do this to make sure I get something in my system besides coffee. If you don't have a blender or you'd rather not bother making a smoothie, you can always buy a frozen bag of mixed berries or an assortment of fresh fruits to eat.

Yogurt with granola is also a really good option. Again, it's not going to make you feel full, but it will get something in your system. I know you might not have this exact brand there, but it's worth checking your local grocery store to see if they have Chobani. It's one of my favorites and it actually is pretty filling.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kintsukuroi. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Breakfast. - May 1st 2015, 04:11 AM

I will usually make a smoothie because I'm not hungry first thing in the morning and I don't find food appetizing in the morning, either. Smoothies are a great way to make sure you're getting nutrients and everything. You can add protein powder or meal replacement powder in them as well if you want to. I've lately been drinking one with: kale, spinach, cucumber, green tea, some lemon juice, strawberries, blueberries, and apple. It's really good.

Or I will have a bowl of oatmeal with berries. :P

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: Breakfast. - May 1st 2015, 05:46 AM

I'm not suggestion any food but I have something to say about this. My sister is not a breakfast food eater. She does eat breakfast though. She eats what she likes in the morning. So say you have left overs maybe you can eat some of that. When we go out to eat in the morning Meghan usually orders a sandwich or something. So all I'm trying to say just because it's breakfast time doesn't mean you have to eat breakfast food.

Closed Thread