TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Lunches For Work? - July 6th 2015, 08:28 PM

I'm trying to find a balance in finding meals to have to take to work. Usually it's leftovers from dinner I had the night before (which is completely fine) but I need to be able to prepare my lunches and have it ready for when I leave in the morning. It's a early start for work, I'm either up at 5:30am or 6:30am to be at work. I usually work 8-9 hours but that could increase up to 10-12 hours a day.

I clean houses, so like carpets, couches, post-construction cleaning, janitorial cleaning, windows/gutters, ducts, etc., so I do need my energy.

I am unsure what sorts of food I should bring with me to keep my energy up. I want to aim for healthy but unhealthy once in awhile isn't a huge problem. I just dislike wasting food.

Any ideas?
If anyone else is having the same struggle as I am, your welcome to post and ask as well.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Lunches For Work? - July 6th 2015, 11:51 PM

Hey there!

Are you able to heat or refrigerate anything when you're at work? Have you seen those thermos bowls? Those are handy as you can have foods like soups, salads and carry other foods that would normally spoil otherwise. Thermal lunch bags are also really helpful for keeping sandwiches safe. Most foods are safe for a certain amount of time, but it's still best to take steps in ensuring it's safe to eat, you know? Some require thermos to keep the food safe but here's a few easy to make and carry meal ideas:
  • Canned chicken chunks (peel-back lid cans)
  • Chicken and vegetables wrapped in tortilla
  • Microwavable pizza or pizza rolls
  • Hard-bowled eggs
  • Ham sandwich
  • Oatmeal instant packets (simple as you just add to bowl of water then heat)
  • Pimento cheese toast
  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • Salads (vegetable, fruit or meat)
  • Tuna sandwich or salad

Snack ideas:
  • Apple
  • Bagel
  • Banana
  • Crackers
  • Granola/fruit bar
  • Orange
  • Peanuts
  • Potato chips
  • Trail mix

Hope this helped. Best of luck in finding easy, healthy and quick nutritious lunches!
Closed Thread