TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lesley_J Offline
Wanderer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lesley Vos

Smoothie??? - September 29th 2015, 09:10 AM

Hi all!

Can anyone explain why smoothie is becoming (or has become already) a new "religion" of young people? Here and there we hear the same.. "Oh, I need some stylish bottle for my smoothie", "Well, I eat smoothies only", "Two smoothies, please", etc. Hipster = smoothie drinker today.

Yes, they are yummy and healthful (well, not always but in general), but it's like a new mantra around, whispering "Smoooooothie.... Keep calm and drink smoothie" It seems people drink them because of mainstream. No?

Oh yes... I've almost forgotten about Instagram and all those pics with smoothie bottles in hands, between legs, wharever

#smoothie #me #yummy #drink #bottle #healthy .. oh, sorry...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wheek! Offline
Eat, sleep, repeat!

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Re: Smoothie??? - September 29th 2015, 02:08 PM

I love smoothies, not because of any mainstream thing, but I guess in a way you may be able to say that this is true because I mean, my school just opened a smoothie place. I don't get the purpose of a stylish bottle though. You just drink it and then wash the cup and are done with it.

They have become more mainstream, but things do go through fads and phases of being popular, regardless. Other things will take the limelight eventually and this smoothie craze will become popular. People hear how great and cool things are and want to try it for themselves, and hopefully then they actually like doing it and aren't just doing it to be cool.

At least smoothies are healthy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: Smoothie??? - September 29th 2015, 04:19 PM

They may be becoming mainstream, but I think that's cause they're yummy.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Smoothie??? - September 29th 2015, 04:21 PM

Yeah honestly I think people are just drinking them because they're delicious. If they weren't, people wouldn't drink them. I think it's a good thing regardless since they are really healthy.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Smoothie??? - September 29th 2015, 06:21 PM

I agree with Britt- I think smoothies are becoming more mainstream because of the health benefits and how tasty they are. My friend is obsessed with smoothies because she loves the taste and she feels like they help her to keep healthy.

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Smoothie??? - September 29th 2015, 09:32 PM

I think part of the reason is that they're easy. Don't know what to eat? Smoothie. Can't stomach an actual breakfast in the morning? Smoothie. Don't have time to eat before class/work/etc? Drink a smoothie on the way. As more people are introduced to smoothies, more people want to buy them on the go which means more smoothie places open up which means more people are exposed to an easy source for smoothies.

So while I do think it's a way to be "trendy" to some people, I feel like the majority aren't drinking them because it's "cool."

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Outreach and Communications Officer

I can't get enough

Re: Smoothie??? - September 29th 2015, 11:33 PM

Smoothies have a ton of benefits to them. If you need to eat more of something you can mix it with a smoothie, for instance you need more kale but love strawberries, you can have the kale but mix it with strawberries and other things, you are able to have the kale in the smoothie.

My personal experience: I enjoy smoothies a lot. I find mixing a bunch of veggies and fruit together to make a drink to be easy and fast to have those things. For me I've been drinking something I make myself at once a day or twice a day - Kale, Parsley, Banana, Lime, and some water. I find it's yummy and I've found a way to eat food another new way, in a smoothie. Let's face it, I love ice-cream and if something I make is like ice-cream I will eat it.

I've starting to have meals from smoothies because of how my diet is becoming. I stay away from certain foods because I react to them and I know veggies and fruits are the safest foods I can have without having a bad reaction to.

I love smoothies, sometimes I buy a Wilderness Smoothie at Booster Juicer.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kintsukuroi. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Smoothie??? - September 30th 2015, 02:54 AM

I like smoothies and I've been having them for breakfast for a while. When I was in high school, I would bring the smoothie to school because I'm not super hungry in the morning. I would wake up and get ready and then make a smoothie right before I left so I could have it during my first class and then put it in my locker. I do like the pretty or "stylish" cups for smoothies/water although not to be "cool" but rather because I like them and would rather have something fun/pretty then plain.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Smoothie??? - September 30th 2015, 03:44 AM

I agree with the above posters. I think it's becoming more mainstream because they're delicious and have lots of health benefits. Plus, it seems like a simple but tasty way of getting lots of fruits and vegetables if you don't have a lot of time. So honestly, I think it's a good thing that smoothies are becoming popular because they're healthy.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Smoothie??? - September 30th 2015, 10:54 PM

They're fashionable because they're awesome. Health trends come and go. As long as you're not adding a bunch of sugar, they're healthy and a very good source of micronutrients, including fiber and vitamins! It's better than juicing as you're getting the full benefits of the fruits or veggies, not just the sugar. As a meal, I'd recommend putting protein powder in it, or for some, adding peanut butter is a great way to make it heartier!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread