TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death, Grieving and Coping With Loss Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 30,830, Level: 25 Points: 30,830, Level: 25 Points: 30,830, Level: 25
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%

Feeling down. - January 26th 2022, 12:40 AM

[SIZE="a"]I just feel upset and was hurting all day. Today is the third year that my grandmother is not with us. I'm told by one of my siblings that it's time to forget her and I don't want to. I still miss her a lot and wish she could be with me now. I wish I could talk to her about everything that I'm going through and I was looking at pictures of us together today and I don't mean to still be upset about this.[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 160,556, Level: 57 Points: 160,556, Level: 57 Points: 160,556, Level: 57
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

Re: Feeling down. - January 26th 2022, 02:09 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know it has been three years, but I disagree with your sister. I think it's okay to still grieve and miss someone, especially when it is near the anniversary of their passing.
Maybe since you are going through pictures, you can do something to honor her like make a scrapbook or think of the good memories you've had with her? If there's anything funny that's happened you can laugh about it. She'd want you to smile when you remember her.
I know it's not the same as physically talking to her but do you think you'd be able to write her a letter where you get out everything that's going on as if you were talking to her? It might help you get out some of your feelings and you may also think of some things that she'd say to you, which will give you a new perspective. What you do with the letter after is up to you, but it can help just to write it out.
Make sure you do kind things for yourself too, whether it's taking a bath, doing a hobby you like, or just relaxing. You deserve that!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 79,199, Level: 40 Points: 79,199, Level: 40 Points: 79,199, Level: 40
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

Re: Feeling down. - January 26th 2022, 09:09 AM

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. You shouldn't forget someone as important as your grandma and I can empathizes on how you feel as I lost mine last April. If you ever need to talk, you can always inbox me.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.