TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Damaged Demon Offline
Loving it <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Meghan King

Exclamation R.I.P Jackson <3 - May 5th 2012, 01:35 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Not knowing my big brother is the hardest part of my life.

He died 8 months before i was born, It was Australia Day 1998, and it was the day mum told him she was pregnant with me. He drowned in our backyard swimming pool.

My sisters hate me for what happened and blame me fore his death.
I know it wasnt my fault but it sometimes feels like it was.

I dont really know how to cope with the pain, its sometimes to much for me to handle and i just break down and cry.

Its been 14 years and 4 months since his passing, and i just cant stand the pain of not knowing who he was.

Please somebody tell me how i should feel, or what i should do.

Im already of depression pills and there the only things keeping me from going completely insane.

ANY advice would be AMAZING

Thankyou xoxo <3

Everything happens for a reason, even if we may never know what that reason is

When your dreaming with a broken heart, The waking up is the hardest part </3
  Send a message via Skype™ to Damaged Demon 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Muse Offline
As eloquent as an elephant.
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: R.I.P Jackson <3 - May 7th 2012, 01:00 AM

Hello, you beautiful girl.
I'm so sorry your life has been changed by this tragedy. Believe me when I say that losing a family member, regardless duration of relationship, is one of the worst tragedies a person can face. I'm going to reply part by part to what you posted<3 Stay strong, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megg-Killed-The-Prom-King View Post
Not knowing my big brother is the hardest part of my life.

He died 8 months before i was born, It was Australia Day 1998, and it was the day mum told him she was pregnant with me. He drowned in our backyard swimming pool.

My sisters hate me for what happened and blame me fore his death.
I know it wasnt my fault but it sometimes feels like it was.
It is not your fault at all. I know they may seem harsh and I know it's difficult to deal with, but I really truly doubt that they hate you. <3 They're dealing with the same pain you are, and it seems like they're handling it poorly. Try not to let their words get to you. As you said, you know that it isn't your fault, sweetheart.

Quote:
I dont really know how to cope with the pain, its sometimes to much for me to handle and i just break down and cry.

Its been 14 years and 4 months since his passing, and i just cant stand the pain of not knowing who he was.
There is absolutely no shame in crying. In fact... crying is a good step to coping with the pain. For me, when it gets to be too much, I sit down at my computer, open up a blank document, and just type every thought that comes into my mind. I just write and write and write. Let the tears flow, let reality slip away, just type and express yourself. Don't stop until you feel a little better. Then, if you want, post it in the Self Expression forum here on TH, PM it to a friend (or me!), or post it on your blog. For me, it helps to write it down, but it also helps to just know that someone else might take the time to read whatever it is that's bothering you and offer you a hug. Also, it's important for you to know that there is no fix for the pain. All anyone can do is support you and advise you on how YOU can handle the situation. Don't expect miracle workers... just appreciate others' love. <3

Quote:
Im already of depression pills and there the only things keeping me from going completely insane.
You are a wonderful, beautiful girl, Meghan. Medication is a great tool for those of us who need it; I'm glad you're taking your prescription responsibly and I'm glad it's working for you. Most importantly, keep reminding yourself of those that love you, and surround yourself in the loving arms of others. Maybe you can write your brother a letter telling him about yourself and how you miss him. Don't be afraid to cry, lovebug. <3

I am seriously always around to listen and help where I can. Don't hesitate to PM me at any point. <3

Take care. x

Closed Thread