TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

My cousin - April 15th 2013, 08:02 PM

My cousin passed away three and a half years ago, she was 22 years old and had so much to live for, she was six months pregnant with a little girl she was going to name Gracie.
My cousin Gemma was always ill as a child, she had severe liver problems, but through her smiles and laughter you would never have known. When she met her fiance she stopped taking the tablets that for her liver, and she was okay... well so she thought. She went to one of her appointments at the hospital and although she felt fine they urged her to begin taking her medication again, which she did do. She was okay for a while, but one day she got in from her first shift at work, took a shower and got out as she wasn't feeling well, she collapsed on the stairs and my uncle had to carry her down the stairs and call an ambulance. No one could have prevented her death, pregnancy was a contributing factor but it could have happened at any time.
When I was younger my cousin was the one to take care of me, we always lived within a few roads of each other growing up. We went to school together, through both primary and secondary schools, when it was my first day at secondary school it was her to meet me and take me with her, and she done that for a year, until I felt ready to go alone.

I miss her so much. Recently I've been thinking about her more and more, I wonder how her life would be now with a baby who would be 3. I think about all my younger cousins who will never know their auntie or cousin and I think of my poor auntie and how badly she is coping through her loss and how much I want to cuddle her every time I see her because she looks so weak and fragile.

I just wish she was with us again. I was lucky to have 18 years with her, but it just seems like such a waste, she was young and beautiful and had so many good things ahead of her.
When I was told she had died, I didn't even register it. I had to call my mum and try to get her to come home without breaking the news to her before she got in, but immediately she knew there was something wrong and made me tell her. I just wish so many things had been different and I wish there was a way for her death to have been prevented.

I miss her so much

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: My cousin - April 16th 2013, 01:29 AM

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. It's so unfortunate that accidents happen in general, but especially to those who have such a long and successful life ahead of them. I'm just speechless and have no reasoning to why it happens; but I'm very saddened when I hear situations in which it does happen.

I will keep you and all those effected in my thoughts.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: My cousin - April 19th 2013, 03:51 AM

I am so sorry, Paige, this is terrible. Even years later. I cannot imagine how much you must still be hurt by this, goes for her other family members too. I'd be so hurt if I lost my cousin too so I'm just so sorry. She must have loved you a lot, and she's always gonna be in your heart. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: My cousin - April 27th 2013, 12:13 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I have a cousin a year younger than me and I can only imagine what losing her would be like. Even years on pain can still hurt. I can't even think of what to say but you have all my sympathy and I hope you're doing all right. Remember she's looking down on you and looking after you.x

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

Closed Thread