TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Boyfriend's Grandma.. - June 17th 2013, 06:12 PM

My boyfriend's grandma died and he's coming to me to get out all of his emotions and feelings. Which I'm totally fine with and I understand that he really needs me right now, but I get super uncomfortable talking about death because so many people I'm close to have died and I just kind of shut the subject out of my life as much as I can. How can I still be supportive of him and how he's feeling without crossing my comfort zones of life and death?

It just makes me really uncomfortable and thinking about death gives me massive amounts of anxiety.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Boyfriend's Grandma.. - June 17th 2013, 07:29 PM

Kayla, have you tried to talk to him about it? I am sure he will understand and try to not lay it all on you, alone. I'm sure there are lots of other people he can count on to talk about some of it. If it is going over your comfort, tell him.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Boyfriend's Grandma.. - June 19th 2013, 12:49 AM

I agree that it's best to just talk to him about how you feel. You may feel like you have an obligation and/or desire to support him through this, but you may not be the best person for the job if you aren't comfortable with the topic. That's not to say that you can't support him, but he may need to find another primary go-to person when he needs to talk. Like Kayla said (the other Kayla ), there are probably other people he can go to for support, and I'm sure he will understand how you feel. Just let him know that while you'd rather not discuss the topic of death because it makes you uncomfortable, you're still there for him when he needs a hug or some cheering up.

Best of luck,
Hailey

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Boyfriend's Grandma.. - June 19th 2013, 12:34 PM

I agree with what everyone else is saying. Have you tried talking to your boyfriend? If not, maybe you can tell him that he can still come to you for comfort, but also tell him about your past with death of those closest to you. Have you tried telling your boyfriend to seek some professional help? Maybe seeing a therapist/counselor? If not, I suggest that you tell to maybe go see see one so that you are not the only one he is pouring all of his emotions on or telling just you.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Boyfriend's Grandma.. - June 24th 2013, 05:07 PM

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, as your question has been answered. If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me.

Closed Thread