TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   boyfriend died (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t125859-boyfriend-died/)

hopperslover552000 November 24th 2013 05:22 AM

boyfriend died

last summer my boyfriend of 1 and a half years died from a car accident from a drunk driver we literally spent almost all day everyday together and loved each other a lot .the night he died we were headed to a movie .I remember getting out of the car at the mall and waiting for about ten minutes then I got a text from him I expected it to say that his mom was running late but when I saw it it said "you'll never know how much I loved you baby" then I frantically called him a paramedic picked up his phone and told me tyler had just died.I can't get over it I am constantly sad and can't talk to my parents because they didn't know about us my friends would always have their parents drop me off at the mall or wherever we were going I am afraid if I tell them they will be angry with me and I will be in major trouble I am not in a good place mentally right now I can't sleep and have to act happy around my parents I need help so I can sleep again

Deleted115 November 24th 2013 05:33 PM

Re: boyfriend died

Heya, I'm SO sorry for your loss, :'( it's Devastating to lose someone Close to you, especially someone you Love.

But, despite how blunt Stanislav is saying this; he has a valid point.

You're 13, you do have ALOT of life left ahead of you, it's probably best for you to move on. You don't have to forget about him. Just remember that he is happy where he is.

If you did tell your parents about tyler; i'm pretty sure the last thing they'd be, is angry. And i have big doubts you'd be in Major trouble Either!

don't lose sleep, i know your sad, but really the only thing you can do is Move on. And in all honesty, thats the Best thing for you to do.

There's no point thinking that you'll never find new love

Or that this'll effect your life forever, because it wont.

This will sound blunt but, Humans die. Its just our fate. Nothing can possibly change that. (Excluding Nanites Possibly)

My point is; life is full of shocks, suprises, horrors and fatalities, we're not supposed to evade these events; we're supposed to learn how to endure them.

I do think you should talk to your parents, It'll help alot, and i'm just confident they wont be angry with you!

It's best to learn that, sometimes there's nothing we can do, to change the fate of others. And the ONLY thing we can do, the BEST thing to do, is to Move On. :hug:

He's in a happy place, and he wants your happiness. :)

Eternal Dreamer ♥ November 24th 2013 06:14 PM

I know it is very hard to lose someone you are close too, no matter how old you are.
I'm sorry for you loss.
You should tell your parents, weather you just say you were really close friends, and you cared about them. They can help you. The last thing they will be is angry, they will realise there little girl is upset, and needs them.
Like the other user has stated you are young, and there are many people out there, moving on would be best for you. You will find someone else, but you will never forget him, he was your first love which is always so sensitive. He will always be there watching over you. It will be okay.
It is also okay to cry, and grieve, you two were close no matter how you felt for each other.

If you ever need to talk, I am here.
Take care of yourself
-Kayla

Chris November 24th 2013 08:10 PM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. With something tragic like this, age means virtually nothing. I can't imagine what you're currently going through, but I can tell you one thing: you need a support system. Meaning, I think you should talk to a counselor or social worker at school about how you're feeling, and maybe even bring this up to your parents. Most often, in a tragic case like this, you parents will be there to support you through a tough time and not 'bash' you for dating someone.

The point is, you need to talk to someone. You need to find an outlet to talk about things, release some stored up emotions/feelings, and create a plan of action to move on from this horrible incident.

My thoughts are with you and all those effected, and I hope you seek help soon.

Best wishes,
Chris

random.swirls November 25th 2013 02:14 PM

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is to lose someone. I can't imagine how devastating it must be to loose your boyfriend. Maybe you could talk about how you are feeling to a counsellor. If you ever want to talk feel free to VM/PM me anytime okay?:hug: