TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxCaycexx Offline
Not a n00b

So far away from where you are... - October 30th 2014, 01:56 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm missing my sister a lot today...
I wish, more than anything that she were here to hug me and tell me that everything is going to be okay.
I don't even know how to pick up the pieces of my life and go on without her...It's been a year and almost three months and I still feel like it was yesterday.

The holiday's are the worst part...
It was hard enough decorating the Christmas tree without Mom, but now the responsibility falls on me alone, since Cayla passed.

Why did this have to happen to her?
She didn't deserve for it to end like it did, she still had so much life ahead of her...
Why couldn't it have been me?
Why didn't I go with her like she asked?
Maybe if I had gone, she would still be here...

I skipped class today to go and spend some time with her at the cemetery...
It's been a while since I went to her grave...I hope that I can look at it without completely falling apart...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: So far away from where you are... - October 30th 2014, 06:20 PM

Hey.

I don't know if anyone ever finishes grieving the loss of someone important. I think that you're going to have days like these when you miss your sister more than others, and it's okay to feel like this. I know from some of your other posts that your sister was a big part of your life. Try to remember that even though your sister is no longer physically with you, she'll always be in your heart and you will always have precious memories of her.

Is there someone else around that you can ask for a hug from? Sometimes a hug can do so much for someone even if it isn't from who you want it to be. You can also try to wrap yourself in a blanket to make yourself feel a little more secure. I know I'll definitely send you virtual hugs! I think it's good that you spent some time at the cemetery. Maybe you can talk as though you're talking to her and see if that helps.

I don't know why your sister had to pass away when she was so young; these things aren't really understood. But I do know that she's with you, in your heart like I mentioned earlier. You can hold onto the good memories forever.

I suggest you talk to someone about this, someone who knew your sister or a professional if you can.

I'm here if you need anything.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxCaycexx Offline
Not a n00b

Re: So far away from where you are... - October 30th 2014, 09:38 PM

I went to see her today, talked for a little while, sang some songs and shed a few tears...

She died last year, then, two months later, my friends blew me off..
Now, the only thing that I have to hold on to are memories and a concrete stone.
No one cares for me anymore, they never did...the only person who ever wanted me was Cayla.
Now that she's gone, I don't know what to do...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: So far away from where you are... - October 31st 2014, 12:22 AM

I hope that going to your sister's grave helped you in some way.

Memories are something that you will always have, though. They're precious and they cannot be taken away from you. If your "friends" stopped talking to you then they weren't your friends in the first place. You don't need people like that in your life, they're unhealthy for you. People do care about you, Cayce. I care about you, and I'm sure that other members on TeenHelp care about you too.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#5 (permalink)) Old
TheGuyinCanada Offline
TeenHelp Sponsor

Average Joe

Re: So far away from where you are... - November 1st 2014, 05:54 PM

It can be difficult to deal with someone who is no longer with you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: So far away from where you are... - November 2nd 2014, 02:25 AM

Hi there.

I'm really sorry that things are difficult for you right now. Losing someone so close to you is a terrible thing and it's so hard to live after that. Some days will be better than other days, but all you can really do is continue to push though them and live life to the fullest. People do care about you, although it may be hard to see. If your friends don't seem to care, then they don't deserve to be friends with you.

Is there anyone in your life that you can go to for help? Maybe you could talk to someone who also misses your sister. Sometimes, it can be nice to be around people who are going through the same thing. Also, it's a good idea to find some type of professional to talk to. That way, you'll have someone who can help you sort through everything and talk to when things get difficult.
Do you you like to write, draw, or sing? Anything creative can be a great outlet. When you're missing your sister, you could always write a poem, draw a picture, or sing something that you are emotionally connected to. I find that it's a great way to express how I'm feeling and it might make you feel better.

Let me know if you ever want to talk.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#7 (permalink)) Old
xxCaycexx Offline
Not a n00b

Re: So far away from where you are... - November 2nd 2014, 02:32 AM

I don't really have anyone...
The only people who really miss my sister are her friends, but they're all in college and would never really hang out with me anyway.
I'm kinda on my own in this...but, I'm used to being alone.

Closed Thread