TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Suicide. - February 28th 2015, 10:09 PM

My friend killed herself last March on the 12th and I cant bare the thought. Iits killing me inside and I don't know how to cope with it. The date is coming sooner and sooner and I feel like im breaking down. I need her, I miss her.

I don't know what to do.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Suicide. - March 1st 2015, 02:56 PM

I want you to know that your friend will never ever want you to hurt yourself.. she would want you to be happy. So fulfill that wish..... and those who truly love us will never ever leave us. okay?

I'm sorry i don't know what else to say.. other than the fact that you are someone who deserves better than to feel this way, deserving of love. You'll always have all of us to support you.. and you know that

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Suicide. - March 1st 2015, 08:49 PM

Losing someone is hard enough but it can be even harder to know that the person you're grieving took their own life. Even though your friend is no longer physically with you I am sure that she has a special place in your heart and I know that you'll always remember her. I'm sure that she would want you to be happy. If you feel dangerous, perhaps you can think of living and fighting through your negative thoughts as something to do in her honor.

Let yourself feel as this date approaches. Don't keep it inside because that's one of the worst things you can do. I think it might help for you to reach out to those around you so you can get the support you deserve. Maybe you can make some plans or cross things off your to-do list on that day so you can stay distracted.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Suicide. - March 1st 2015, 09:35 PM

She would want you to be happy. Although I don't know her, I'm certain that she'd want someone as amazing as you to take life by the balls and fight for herself. You're doing brilliantly, and I've always been sat here hoping you're going to keep fighting because you've done so well.

Everyone has different beliefs but personally, I think she's still in your heart. I still think she can be a part of every little thing you do. In times when you're struggling, don't fight through life for yourself, fight for it for her. Use her memory as a source of strength and encouragement. Do it for her. It will always be tinged with sadness and loss, no one is ever going to deny that. But you are strong enough, you are brave enough to keep going even though I know you'll be tired, I know you'll be sick.

It's perfectly okay to miss her, and if it helps, are there photos or physical memories that you could keep in a box? Personally this helps me with people I've lost but I know some people don't like being reminded. It's your call what will act as a source of comfort. Crying is another one of my favorites. Let out the emotions, scream, cry. But don't break down, because you're nearly there. <3

Take as long as you need.

Closed Thread