TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

My Friend's Dog - February 28th 2016, 04:48 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So the other day I found out that my friend (let's call her A) A she lost her dog. I was so sad. When she told me I felt like crying. Now I'm a bit worried that my turtle is going to die. I don't want him to leave. He's the most awesome pet ever. I don't want to lose him

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: My Friend's Dog - February 28th 2016, 03:36 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dog, it's rough to lose a pet and I hope she is hanging in there. It's understandable to be upset about her dog, and when you hear about someone else losing a family member or a pet, it makes you think about your own life and the people or animals in it. I lost one of my cats a few months ago, and now I'm scared of losing the others. It's understandable you're worried about losing your turtle because this kind of thing tends to make you more aware.

It's worrisome. I think the best thing you can do, is focus on the time you do have with your turtle. Use that time to love him and make sure he's well taken care of. Life is limited for everyone, but you can do so many things with it. You just have to enjoy your loved ones and your pets while they are still here.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: My Friend's Dog - March 2nd 2016, 08:29 PM

Im so sorry to hear about the loss of your friends dog, it sounds like it's been really difficult for you both and that's understandable.

I think when somebody loses a person close to them or an animal close to them it can hit us at home and make us think about what we have got. I think maybe your friends loss made you think about your pet which has developed into you having a fear of you losing your pet but I agree with cassie. Spend the time you have with your turtle and love your pet, remember the good times you have and enjoy what's now.

And hang on in there, you can do this.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: My Friend's Dog - March 5th 2016, 05:31 AM

I'm really sorry to hear about your friends dog.

It is sad when someone you love passes away.

The best advice I can give you is spend as much time with your turtle as you can, enjoy it's company and give it love.

Hope that helped.

Closed Thread