TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LivewireAce Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call me Ciel ;)

Points: 4,303, Level: 9 Points: 4,303, Level: 9 Points: 4,303, Level: 9

Panicking over my parents and friends - June 25th 2016, 12:33 AM

I grew up an only child for 10 years, and I spend most of my time home alone or with family. I get really panicky and nervous when my parents are around my friends, especially just meeting them. I freak out when mentioning new friends and I never have them come to my house, I always go to theirs since my parents don't have to be around them. I don't know why I get so worried, but I do. Anyway, I just met someone yesterday and they already want me to meet up with them and a bunch of friends really soon, like tomorrow. He's also trans, which my mom nor me have a problem with, but it does make me worry more, and I don't even know why. I'm already starting to panic and I can't figure out how to go about asking my mom if I can go. I'll feel really bad if I don't, I always do. I barely even go to birthday parties because of the amout of friends that will be there. And I feel terrible for not going every time. So I really want to met up with everyone this time but I'm literally shaking thinking about it. The thing is, I KNOW nothing will really be wrong. I'm trying to "reality test" the situation, but it's just proving really hard. I also have a birthday party to go to the next day. I'm just spewing my problems at this point, so I don't know what anyone is supposed to do with this post. Just trying to calm down
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luke
Gender: Technically, I'm legally female, if that's what you'd prefer, but I prefer being called a guy

Points: 4,525, Level: 9 Points: 4,525, Level: 9 Points: 4,525, Level: 9

Re: Panicking over my parents and friends - June 25th 2016, 04:20 AM

It's perfectly fine to be extremely nervous about certain things, especially when two worlds, such as family and friends collide. I'm really nervous when my parents try to talk about my friends with me. It's mainly because they are so different, and my parents would never approve of me being influenced by forces other than them.

Maybe there is something that sets you off, like maybe they do something or say something that your parents wouldn't approve of. If this is the case, maybe you can talk to your friend(s) about it. Maybe if they know about how you suspect that your parents will react, they'll do something that your parents will approve of. I'm sure your friend will understand. Besides, I don't think they'd want to deal with disapproving parents either.

I hope this helps, even just a little bit!^^
Closed Thread