TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

February 6th is really starting to suck - February 7th 2017, 01:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi guys. I haven't been on here in ages. I've been doing very well with my life. And still am.

But today I'm having trouble finding support. Today is the anniversary of a friend's death. And then I find out my best friend's younger brother killed himself. I never knew this kid. But my friend talked about him. We've known each other almost 9 years and I feel like I know his family members well. He was really young and had no signs...

And though this isn't a death, it's really weighing on me. Just two days ago, a friend was diagnosed with testicular cancer.

I'm trying to be strong for everyone right now. But holy crap. I've just not been able to stop crying all day.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: February 6th is really starting to suck - February 7th 2017, 08:44 AM

Hey there,
I'm sorry you are going through such a rough phase. It can't be easy dealing with the death anniversary of a friend and everything else. I know you feel like you've got to be strong, but you are allowed to cry. You need the release as much as anyone else. Give yourself that permission.
I hope TH can help you a bit, and my inbox is always open if you'd like to talk.
Cheers
Tort

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: February 6th is really starting to suck - February 12th 2017, 09:04 PM

Hey love

Thank you for coming to us! I am so glad you've reached out for help instead of trying to manage with all this alone.

You are going through so much right now and you're doing really well to manage with all of this. I can not begin to imagine how it must all be making you feel. I don't have a lot to say that is going to make any of this better but I can relate to losing people, close and who I haven't known so much and also hearing bad news such as someone being diagnosed with an illness/disease. It can be so hard and I am sorry you are going through all this.

Just remember you are never alone. Hope is alive and as much as you probably want to help others right now, you deserve help for yourself too so remember to self care and to reach out to people when you need their help. People love and care about you and want to help and it is okay for you to let them in and that includes us here. You never have to suffer in silence.

I know an anniversary of a loved one can be so so hard. Is there something nice you can do in memory of them? Something as simple as writing them a letter or releasing a balloon for them etc. And just remember even though they are not here anymore, they are still and always will be with you, no matter what.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: February 6th is really starting to suck - February 13th 2017, 06:28 PM

Hi Kelly,

I completely understand that a friends anniversary can always be difficult to deal with. Your friend would definitely want you to remember her and not dwell on her being gone. She wants to see you happy. I hope you start feeling better soon.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: February 6th is really starting to suck - February 15th 2017, 11:14 AM

Hi, Kelly!

First off, I'm glad your life is going well. it's great that you decided to reach out here. You mentioned you were having trouble finding support which is why I'm glad you wrote this thread because you shouldn't have to go through this alone without any support or being able to talk about it.

You are going through a lot right now and I can't imagine how you must feel, Kelly. I'm sorry to hear about all of this. I understand it may be difficult, and if you don't want to, you certainly don't have to but I wanted to let you know that if you feel like talking about the friend you lost, you are more than welcome to. Whether it is memories, thoughts or anything about them on your mind. I just wanted to reassure you that you don't have to keep it all inside.

Learning that someone committed suicide when they didn't show any signs can be confusing and heartbreaking. You've known your best friend for a long time, and I imagine it's difficult for you to see her going through this loss especially since you know his family members well too. Your best friend is likely comforted by simply having you there for her as a friend.

Despite the fact that it isn't a death, learning that someone you care a lot about has been diagnosed with cancer must be incredibly difficult too. I'm sorry to hear this. I sincerely hope your friend is able to receive treatment and beat this cancer. Let us know how he is doing if you feel comfortable, and also how you are doing.

You sound like a strong person to still make an effort to be strong for everyone else, but please remember that right now you don't have to be strong. It's okay to cry and let out all of your feelings. Allow yourself to fully process your feelings and express them as it's important to do so. And please know we're here for you, okay? You aren't alone.

You are welcome to message me if you wish to talk. I hope you feel better. Take care in the meantime and know that your friend will always be with you in your heart.

Closed Thread