TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
London1621 Offline
No worries
Regular TeenHelper

Name: London

She is gone - March 24th 2017, 06:27 PM

My grandma just died. My parents picked me and my sister up from school and now I feel like I'm lost and upset and I don't know what to do now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: She is gone - March 24th 2017, 08:18 PM

Hi, London.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through.

Is it okay if I ask what happened? I understand if you don't want to go into details, but sometimes it helps to be able to talk about it and I want you to know you're welcome to do that, okay? TeenHelp is full of compassionate, understanding people whom will be here for you anytime you need to talk about this.

Everyone grieves in their own way; what happened and how you're feeling must be incredibly hard to grasp but remember that it's okay to let yourself feel and process any feelings and thoughts that occur. It is normal to feel lost when you lose someone close to you. You are used to having them in your life, and suddenly they aren't and it can feel like a big part of your life has suddenly been ripped away. Take it one day at a time. Allow yourself to cry and talk about her, and lean on those around you because you're loved. I imagine your grandmother loved you a lot, London.

You're welcome to PM me anytime you need to talk, okay? Whether you want to talk about your grandmother, memories with your grandmother or just a casual chat - I'm right here always. It will get a little bit easier with time, so take care of yourself, okay? Surround yourself with family you love and hold onto them; we're stronger together.

Sending my condolences to you and your family.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ikigai Offline
la razón de vivir en japonés
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Re: She is gone - March 24th 2017, 08:53 PM

Dear London,

sorry to hear about what happened.
It's normal for you to feel lost now. Try to focus on the good memories that you have of your grandma. They might make you cry, but it's alright to cry. Think about your grandma's smile and the times when you were with her. I'm sure she would like you to be happy right now - and always.
It doesn't work for everyone, but what I find comforting in such situations is writing or drawing something for that person. Maybe you'd like to write a letter to your grandma?

I hope I helped a tiny bit. Don't hesitate to send me a message if you feel like talking.
Take care. <3
Sue

Nada es verdad, todo está permitido

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: She is gone - March 25th 2017, 12:57 PM

Hi London, I am so sorry. Hugs

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: She is gone - March 26th 2017, 03:26 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. I pay my condolence to you and your family.

This post reminds me of my grandpa too. He would have been having his 77th birthday today but he passed away 5 years ago. I had a hard time losing him and it was the first time I understand what death really means. He will not appear in front of me forever, no other way I will able to bring him back to see him again.

But did he really gone forever? I don't think so. He is in my heart. For so many instances when I faced hardship or feeling anxious in an exam, when I think of him, it makes me feel calm. Its like he is helping me overcoming the problems. He is still there.

I am really sorry for your loss once again. But I believe you and your beloved grandma must have a very close and lovig relationship. I hope you can get over your sadness soon, because she doesn't want you to be sad all the time. She wants you to able to smile again without her. Most importantly, she knows she is in your heart, and so she never left you in this way. I am sure you will keep her in your heart with you as always.

Its okay to feel sad. It means a lot that you care about her a lot. Its okay to greive over her for a few days or even weeks, but know that this will not last forever. You will able to get over it, and continue with your life again. After all, your grandma never leave your heart, and I know she will be there with you just like before. Remember that.

I hope you can be overcome this, because you are strong! You can do this, okay?

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
roseegirl Offline
Wanderlust girl
Average Joe

Name: Ravioli

Re: She is gone - March 27th 2017, 05:25 AM

Im sorry for the lost of your grandma!

Just remember that its ok to feel sad and grieve for her but soon it will get easier and as it does remember that she is always with you in your heart!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
monachopsis Offline
alexandra-x
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: alexandra

Re: She is gone - March 27th 2017, 06:23 AM

*Hello London,
I am terribly sorry to hear about your grandma. My thoughts and positive vibes go out to you and your family in this time of need.
I can't understand the pain you feel, however, I also just recently lost a grandparent, my grandfather. He was very ill, and by the end of it, did nothing but suffer, it breaks my heart, because he was my best friend, but sometimes, life has some messed up ways of working.
Just try to be strong, and remember to take life one day at a time. Spend time with your family, and grieve as you see fit.
*Sending all my love your way. xox*

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: She is gone - March 27th 2017, 02:20 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, London. It's okay to feel lost during this time, and I know you left the site but I hope you are taking care of yourself right now. There's no time limit to grief, and I hope you are reaching out to those around you for support during this time. Remember, your grandmother will always be with you in spirit.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: She is gone - March 28th 2017, 08:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's always hard losing someone, especially family.

Make sure that you take care of yourself, we are here for you.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#10 (permalink)) Old
London1621 Offline
No worries
Regular TeenHelper

Name: London

Re: She is gone - March 31st 2017, 07:50 PM

Thank you.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: She is gone - April 2nd 2017, 11:19 AM

Hi London,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm here if you ever need anything.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: She is gone - April 2nd 2017, 12:20 PM

Hey London,

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a grandparent is horrible. I lost mine 2 years ago and it still hurts every day, but over time it gets a little easier. Speak to friends and family and keep her memory alive, try to think of all the good/funny times you shared together, I'm sure you have so many lovely memories of your grandmother. I know it must be really difficult right now and I know you must be hurting but day by day it will get that little bit easier.

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#13 (permalink)) Old
ArianaGrande Offline
Ariana Grande
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ariana Grande

Re: She is gone - April 9th 2017, 06:14 AM

hi london,

i'm beyond sorry for your loss and i hope that all the love and light will shine upon your family during this time. i know what it means to lose a loved one. my grandfather passed after losing his battle with cancer, he was my favorite person to ever exist.

it's okay to feel lost, focus on all the good and blessed moments you had with your grandmother. everyday i look back onto the moments and photos i had of him and i always makes me smile.

it gets easier, i promise. i know it's really hard at the moment and you don't know what to do. it's okay to cry and talk about her. take everyday step by step and surround yourself with constant love and support. sending all the love from my family to yours.

i'm always here for you, just pm me ♡ love you lots

As humans, we struggle for approval. We wanna be liked.

Everyone is beautiful, everyone is perfect and everyone is lovely.

Closed Thread