TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Going mad. - August 22nd 2017, 03:00 PM

I have started laughing in grief... and... I think I'm going mad from loneliness.

I want someone like her to return...

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Last edited by .Brittany.; August 22nd 2017 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Removing Trigger Warning and Moving to Death and Grieving.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Going mad. - August 22nd 2017, 10:19 PM

This may come off as a bit harsh, but your pining over this girl is a little obsessive. I know exactly how it feels to have lost a really good friend. As a matter of fact, I have lost three good friends. So believe me, I know how you feel! And I have gone through that nearly psychotic, obsessive stage. But guess what, it isn't healthy. It messes with your brain and alters your quality of life. In the end, when you do realize it's time to get over her, you'll only feel worse because you've let so many years go by in this state.

Don't let one more day pass.

It's time to move on. If you really are going 'mad' as you put it, then it is definitely time to seek out professional support. We can only help and talk so much here on TeenHelp, but we can't hold your hand and right everything in your life. We can't become clones of this girl you are pining over. Everyone is their own individual person who brings something different to the world, and that is perfectly fine because otherwise, life on Earth would be boring without a bit of variety!

So, please, take into consideration all the wonderful advice users have given you in your previous threads. Many users have given wonderful advice.

Sometimes, we need brutal honesty to open our eyes.

Last edited by DeletedAccount24; August 23rd 2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Rewording a sentence.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 23rd 2017, 04:20 AM

Thank Jenna.. I'll try my best.

Its extremely hard..

I'll take their advice....

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Going mad. - August 23rd 2017, 11:24 AM

Jenna has pretty much covered it all. But really mate, saying "its extremely hard" and "I'm trying" isn't helping. Frankly since you aren't taking any of the advice being offered and thus, aren't really trying. No one can really help unless YOU want to help yourself.
Its time to get professional help and move on. I've lost friends too, and I get how your feeling. Really, make the effort and let her go. Holding on doesn't help. We can support you, but we are not professionals, and more importantly we are not you. You need to end it.
I'm not going to write a bunch of strategies, since I think everything has been covered in previous threads. Refer to them, since there is some great advice there. Use it, meet a therapist, and pull yourself out of this funk.
Just let her go, and meet a professional.
I know this is harsh, but its the truth.
Cheers
Tort

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Going mad. - August 23rd 2017, 12:16 PM

it has been one long suffering year for you. I can tell she mattered to you so much. It sounds like you've fell apart and youre still devastated and well I found this. I know it isn't life changing or anything but it put things into perspective for me, personally and maybe it is something to think about.

Take care of yourself, okay?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 23rd 2017, 05:42 PM

thanks tortellini you are right.. I'm definitely broken, but I guess that I might need some outside help to beat this and regain my happiness. I'll look into meeting someone...

(I still want someone like her back..)

Maizel.. I'm still devastated and broken... but in many ways I'm not who I was.

Perhaps I can become a better person.. here's hoping that my experiences will lead to someone like her.. or her.. herself.

Thanks so much..

I'm still very pained, but.. the fact that everyone here has my back is touching..

It's still very hard.... but.. maybe. Just maybe.. there is hope. I ain't sure..

screwdriverneedsgas

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Going mad. - August 23rd 2017, 06:31 PM

Wait, Tort did not say you were broken; he didn't even come close to implying it. If anyone did, it was me. Look, like I already said, no two people on Earth are exactly alike. We all experience different relationships with different people. I have two best friends right now and if you compare the relationships side by side, they're very different. One or two things might be similar, but they're majorly different because they are different people.

Of course, that may be because one is online and the other I see at least thrice a week. But if I went to have coffee with my friend in Iowa, I'm sure it'll still be different than the interaction with my friend at home. No two people or relationship are 100% the exact same.

I saw you said the cat shelter didn't go so well. But I believe you didn't interact much with people? Strike up a conversation. Even if it's just someone asking about what's the best toy or food for their pet. One little exchange, and if they're a frequent visitor, you can work up to what I call "situational acquaintance" but you've got to start somewhere. You won't get anywhere if you never actually make the effort to move on from this girl.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Going mad. - August 23rd 2017, 07:31 PM

Hey,

I understand that you may be experiencing grief having lost a close friend, and of course it's difficult to come to terms with and move on from. I think the advice you've been given in the past is amazing though, and while it's great that you feel able to reach out to people here for support, please look back on old posts too! You really have got so many people looking out for you here, and nobody will replace this friend of yours, but it's important for you to know that feeling lonely and being alone are two different things. You're not alone. You have friends here, and you have a world of people to meet in real life too. Jenna made a really wonderful point -animal company is great but human interaction makes such a difference. Perhaps you could find a voluntary role involving people? Befriending is a great way to do this because often you are reaching out to lonely people who really appreciate and rely on your visits, so it may help you feel like you're doing something good that you can see working. Also you have someone you can interact with too, and it's so important that you take the opportunities to let yourself feel better about things. Speak to people, maybe volunteer so you can realise you DO make a positive impact on peoples lives, and that you can meet new people who you will make a positive impact on. Don't cling into the people who have hurt you. I know it's hard, I know you cared for your friend. She isn't your friend now, and you have to get to a point where you let go sooner or later, as hard as it might be. Know what is healthy for you and when is the best time to start letting go. Expose yourself to new people and gradually you will let yourself enjoy other peoples company too.

Take care.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 23rd 2017, 08:39 PM

I'll try to ..meet more people, tjen. I want to meet people like her....

Thanks for the reminder guys.. It couldn't have come at a better time.

I wish she and me will be besties again...

I apprecitate the fact that you guys are there.. I really, really need all of your support now...

I also probably need a few hugs, I guess. I have been feeling extremely, extremely down. Thanks for looking out for me... I do admit that I need it badly now.. Yeah Jenna.. that best friend of mine was like your real life friend except that sometimes.. we met up nearly every day.

But... but... but.... those days...

I guess all I can do right now is try my best to meet new people and see what comes. I'll admit that I have low willpower.. so I'll need to force myself to try to change things for the better. But I'll also admit that I'm not happy.. at all..

For now, I guess I'll try to go back to the "me" that used to be able to help people out without taking breaks.. but my motivation is kinda low...

screwdriverneedsgas

Last edited by Green Yoshi; August 23rd 2017 at 09:00 PM.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Going mad. - August 24th 2017, 01:26 AM

if you keep trying to meet people "like her" you'll never meet her. your problem is you're only looking -- if you're even looking at all -- for people who are exactly like her. you want to replace her. no person who was that great can be replaced and it's disrespectful to them to try and find someone who you can just blindly pretend can take their place.
stop saying you wish you had her. or someone like her. if you base your life on other people you will never be happy.

helping others, however, gives you purpose. so i hope you do start to look outwards of your own issues and help others, because that will help free you from the devastation you've experienced.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 24th 2017, 03:53 PM

I guess I'll try to meet others.. But we shall see.

Yeah.. she is great.. and she showed me what true happiness meant.

Its not just devastation.. its worse than that, actually...

I hope that I can make the world a better place.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#12 (permalink)) Old
JustTheKeags Offline
Meme a Day Keeps th Feels Away
Average Joe

Name: Keagan

Re: Going mad. - August 29th 2017, 05:02 AM

Yoshi, this is going to be a rough road if you don't move on. I have lost two of my closest freinds, family members, and other people. my best freind who killed himself, was so hard to get over, it has taken almost an entire year. I've been where you are. I'm not going to say that I know how you feel. You know why? because I don't know. I can guesstimate, but I dont know. it is hard. I have a therapist now, as of today. And I reached out for help from people I know. you need help, and you definitely need to get over HER.
-Keags

Hang In There!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 29th 2017, 05:30 AM

It is very hard...

I'm trying. But how things were before she came into my life :

-Catatonic state (not working )
-Kinda talked with my parents every days saying " I wished I had a best friend and I had normal interaction chances) and even waking up my dad at 4 am just to tell him "i wished I had someone I could spend time with.. and all that he could do was say stuff like... We should have let you meet more people and have more friends last time " Kinda true because if I was allowed to interact, I would have had more people like her.
-Kinda wasn't eating healthily..

and more...

When I met her, I discovered everything .. Joy, happiness, friendship, care and warmth. It made me feel like I was.. here.

I don't wanna go back to those painful times. I want someone like her back..

Also, if anyone else wants to rant to me bout their painful moments or grief.. I'm here.

I don't want anyone to feel the same way I do right now.. I don't want anyone to suffer through what I'n going through right now.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#14 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 30th 2017, 12:12 AM

It sounds like you've felt abandoned by your parents and you have this emptyness inside of you that makes it hard for you to be your best self. But when you were with her you were on a sort of "high"

I strongly suggest that's where you start. Working on your past a little, learning self love, learning to heal from emotional pain. It will help you respond to the situation better.

Wanting to take your life is serious and no one wants you to suffer like this so much

I have my own pains and things to work on due to my upbringing and what you're going through keeps ringing a bell in my head that you struggled before this girl.And surely the cycle will continue whether you find a replicate copy of this girl to fulfill your needs or not.

I really am trying to consider your feelings here and with all due respect making a girl the center of your life is not only unhealthy for you but to that girl. The dynamic isn't healthy.

But my opinion isn't going to change anything. You will have to see it yourself. We may want to rescue you and protect you but none of us can do that. We can only be support to you. And from one THer to abother fellow THer, I see your struggle, I hear your pain and suffering and devastation throughout the many threads. But I also have my wishes for you that you could try to get professional help or attend a support group. I can't force you and that's not my interest. But I strongly urge you to try something such as a self help workbook, a therapist or counselor, an email support line with trained staff, a general practioner with strong understanding in mental health, or anything I'm forgetting and haven't mentioned

I care, we do care. But there's this stalemate going on and we want you to come through this. Sometimes it us hard to tell if we ought to be nudging or we ought to be giving you space to yourself to air things out

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 30th 2017, 03:13 AM

I understand where you are coming from. Thats not the case... I wanted someone my own age to be with and I want to be with that person where I can be with myself.. and adventure together with.

I was very lonely in the past.. and I wasn't abandoned by my parents. They simply didn't let me have any freedom to explore and be myself.

I just hope that someone like her returns.. its been tough.

Yeah.. You probably know how bad I felt..

I just hope that I get fortunate in meeting the right person.. Hopefully her. Or someone like her.. Meeting her was the best thing that happened to me for some time.. Losing her was the worst.

I'll also try to remember that life has surprises. But.. I don't know if the good ones will happen to me.

screwdriverneedsgas

Last edited by Green Yoshi; August 30th 2017 at 04:15 AM.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Going mad. - August 30th 2017, 04:34 AM

Yoshi.
This is gonna be harsh but anyway.
If there is one thing EVERYONE has been trying to tell you from day 1 is that you need to stop saying "I wish someone like her returns". Thats not healthy. If you want someone your age to hang out with, go out and make friends. Meet people, chat with them and see how it goes. But stop expecting someone is gonna come and just make everything OK. Thats not how it works, you need to work on that yourself.
Look at your older threads, you've been given plenty of great advice; heck even this thread is full of great advice. But really, go out there, and start meeting people. Stop waiting for "her" or "someone like her" to come back and take care of you. thats not how the world works.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 30th 2017, 04:42 AM

.. Thanks.....

screwdriverneedsgas

(#18 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Going mad. - August 30th 2017, 06:03 PM

I have been following your threads for quite some time and you keep posting how you want someone like her to return. That is never going to happen and if you keep focusing on that being an outcome it is going to lead to your either not meeting new friends or being disappointed when you meet someone and they aren't like your old friend.

You are dealing with tunnel vision. I have experienced this in regards to lost friendships but I have also experienced it in regards to jobs. From personal experience, this tunnel vision leads to missed opportunities, discouragement and depression.

For example, I was so hell bent on getting my degree in counseling that when I started struggling with school I would not consider looking into a different major etc. This led to be feeling like a failure and I missed out on a ton of opportunities.

You are struggling with the same thing and but with friendship instead. You are so focused on finding someone like you lost friend that it is likely that you have missed opportunities to make new friends or you are going to end up missing those opportunities.

I have lost friendships and I can say there were times when I hoped to find someone that was like that person. However, I realized that wouldn't happen and I ended up making new and better friends than the friendships I lost.

No two people are the same but that does not mean that any new friendship you have in your life isn't going to be rewarding.

I mean, I have a number of different friends and I have different relationships with most of them.
-My online friend is someone I am able to talk to about my abuse which isn't something I have with any of my other friends.
-My friend C knows about my abuse and self harm and depression. I talk to him about my self harm at times but never my abuse. He has and always is supportive.
-My friend J- We talk about a number of different things and I am sure he is aware that I have some mental health issues but we have never talked about it.
-My friend V- We fool around and talk a lot about funny stuff ... we've had a few serious conversations but a lot of our interactions have to do with inappropriate sexual talk.

I do not have the same relationship with any of the friend's I listed. However, each of the friends have and do offer support in different ways. They know when I am struggling and they all have different ways of trying to distract me.

I would definitely be devastated if I lost any of these friendships but I wouldn't go about looking for new friends who are exactly the same because that will never happen and I would end up disappointed.

You have two choices: 1) You focus on moving forward and embrace any new friendships that might come your way but you stop focusing on having some like 'Her' come along. 2) You continue focusing on having someone like 'her' come along. You continuously end up disappointed and discouraged when that does not happen and you continue to feel depressed and upset.

Everyone struggles in the way that you have when they lose a friend. The only thing is that over time ... those people move forward and realize that there are other people out there who they can befriend and who can end up being just as helpful but in different ways.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#19 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Going mad. - August 30th 2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
I have been following your threads for quite some time and you keep posting how you want someone like her to return. That is never going to happen and if you keep focusing on that being an outcome it is going to lead to your either not meeting new friends or being disappointed when you meet someone and they aren't like your old friend.

You are dealing with tunnel vision. I have experienced this in regards to lost friendships but I have also experienced it in regards to jobs. From personal experience, this tunnel vision leads to missed opportunities, discouragement and depression.

For example, I was so hell bent on getting my degree in counseling that when I started struggling with school I would not consider looking into a different major etc. This led to be feeling like a failure and I missed out on a ton of opportunities.

You are struggling with the same thing and but with friendship instead. You are so focused on finding someone like you lost friend that it is likely that you have missed opportunities to make new friends or you are going to end up missing those opportunities.

I have lost friendships and I can say there were times when I hoped to find someone that was like that person. However, I realized that wouldn't happen and I ended up making new and better friends than the friendships I lost.

No two people are the same but that does not mean that any new friendship you have in your life isn't going to be rewarding.

I mean, I have a number of different friends and I have different relationships with most of them.
-My online friend is someone I am able to talk to about my abuse which isn't something I have with any of my other friends.
-My friend C knows about my abuse and self harm and depression. I talk to him about my self harm at times but never my abuse. He has and always is supportive.
-My friend J- We talk about a number of different things and I am sure he is aware that I have some mental health issues but we have never talked about it.
-My friend V- We fool around and talk a lot about funny stuff ... we've had a few serious conversations but a lot of our interactions have to do with inappropriate sexual talk.

I do not have the same relationship with any of the friend's I listed. However, each of the friends have and do offer support in different ways. They know when I am struggling and they all have different ways of trying to distract me.

I would definitely be devastated if I lost any of these friendships but I wouldn't go about looking for new friends who are exactly the same because that will never happen and I would end up disappointed.

You have two choices: 1) You focus on moving forward and embrace any new friendships that might come your way but you stop focusing on having some like 'Her' come along. 2) You continue focusing on having someone like 'her' come along. You continuously end up disappointed and discouraged when that does not happen and you continue to feel depressed and upset.

Everyone struggles in the way that you have when they lose a friend. The only thing is that over time ... those people move forward and realize that there are other people out there who they can befriend and who can end up being just as helpful but in different ways.
I am quoting this post so it can appear twice in this thread. I think abibliophobe put it beautifully. I think this is the most elaborate post there has been. She probably had to bite her fingers (so to speak) to not lash out as she is a respectable staff member. But she was willing to take the effort to write all that out.

I also again (sounding like a broken record ) suggest reaching out for professional help. We've done everything we can and I think abibliophobe's post quoted above is pretty much our closing statement.

That's not to say you are no longer welcome on the site, please continue to be a contributing member! But I think the quoted post above says what we all want to say but are just too tired repeating ourselves with or don't know how to put into words appropriately.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Going mad. - August 31st 2017, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent. View Post

I am quoting this post so it can appear twice in this thread. I think abibliophobe put it beautifully. I think this is the most elaborate post there has been. She probably had to bite her fingers (so to speak) to not lash out as she is a respectable staff member. But she was willing to take the effort to write all that out.

I also again (sounding like a broken record ) suggest reaching out for professional help. We've done everything we can and I think abibliophobe's post quoted above is pretty much our closing statement.

That's not to say you are no longer welcome on the site, please continue to be a contributing member! But I think the quoted post above says what we all want to say but are just too tired repeating ourselves with or don't know how to put into words appropriately.
I just want to say that I did not have any ill feelings towards Yoshi when posting this. I did not have to 'bite my fingers so as not to lash out'. The reason I responded to this thread was because I see the OP struggling and I have experienced similar struggles.

There are two reasons I have experienced similar issues:

1) I have OCD tendencies and so part of those tendencies cause me to obsess about certain situations in life. I have walked away from friendships and I have obsessed about it. I have lost friendships and I have obsessed about it. I obsess over other things than friendships and I have talked to my psychiatrist about it and he has said it is due to my OCD tendencies.

It seems like Yoshi is obsessing in the same manner I have but since I am not a doctor I cannot say whether or not he has OCD tendencies that are causing his obsession.

Personally, for me, I am quite aware that I obsess and overly talk about things at time and so I made the choice to blog about my obsessive thoughts. Yoshi is choosing to make posts about it and there really is nothing wrong with that. He just might not be ready to accept the advice. He might not even be looking for advice, completely, he might just need to vent which is what we are here for.

2) One of the things I came to realize about my own obsession with careers, friendships etc was that I had tunnel vision regarding those friendship. It took years to realize that and so I wanted to point out to Yoshi that he might be dealing with the same issues. Maybe being made aware of the tunnel vision will help him figure things out.

A lot of people have tunnel vision. I see a lot of people around me who have tunnel vision regarding careers...like myself...we get so hellbent on getting into a certain career that we close ourselves off to other opportunities. Tunnel vision can also occur with friendships and a whole slew of other things in life. But, until people are confronted with the fact that they have tunnel vision they aren't able to really see it. I pointed it out in hopes that he would look into it and it might help.

I am not upset in any way with Yoshi for posting. I don't respond to a lot of his posts because I do not always know what to say. However, I want him to know that he can continue to reach out. There are a number of different ways he can reach out as well. He can submit Helplink requests, utilize live help when it is online and he could also start posting in his blogs. Like I said, I found posting in my blogs to help a bit more than posting in the forums because I could post twice a-day and not feel like I was posting too much. However, if Yoshi wishes to post in the forums about this issue he should continue doing so.

I believe that with time he can move forward from this. We all need different things to move forward. Hopefully with time Yoshi will allow himself to move forward from the lost friendship.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 31st 2017, 06:07 AM

i have tried moving forward from it, but it is very tough. Thanks for being so nice to me.. Truthfully if I saw myself I would probably hate myself very, very much. Truth is that i have been wanting to have a best friend for a long time.. and she shared all my interests.. and was willing to be with me for the sake of me..

And in the past, I didn't get to meet people like that because my parents didn't understand my feelings. They do now, but.. its a little too late. Thing is that she was everything I was looking for during my childhood. When I got her.. I thought my pain was finally over. But.. But...

I know that I have extreme tunnel vision regarding this... but I wanted something like this for so, so long..

She also knew bout my childhood pains.. and she has once said that "she will never be able to forgive herself if her not meeting up with me as often now leads to me going back to darker days..."

Its not just as bad as my sad days last time... Its worse now.

This is actually a cry for help.. She also knows that I'm oposting on here... And one day.. I hope she reads this and knows that this is how the lost friendship affected me: This is how much good people and good friendships can change someone's life: Losing it can mean complete devastation.

I miss you, my best friend.. I miss you..

All I have is the ability to help people .. and these days, a few cats. I just want to do as many good things as possible for other people and kittens/cats / whatever animal in distress there is now.

I'm going to put all my effort into this so that other people don't experience the pain that I'm going through now. My utter, utter, devastatingly painful, internal pain.

screwdriverneedsgas

Last edited by Green Yoshi; August 31st 2017 at 06:29 AM.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Going mad. - August 31st 2017, 02:20 PM

Perhaps write her a letter but don't send it. After you write it either destroy it or hand it to your parents to reduce the temptation of going back to it and reading it over. After that, which ever one you choose, pick an imaginary key, turn the lock, and throw that "key" away. It takes a lot of will power to do it, but the best thing is to find distractions.

It sounds like you're still working with the cats? If so, great! Perhaps use your skills with caring for cats and offer up pet sitting services? Or consider becoming a shelter volunteer? Perhaps start a blog or some sort of writing outlet.

Yoshi, I remember you from back when. You were that dirty minded, funny, slightly cocky guy. I want that Yoshi back, the one that made bad puns and "that's what she said" references. You say this girl took it away from you, that Yoshi. But I seriously doubt it. I don't know, maybe it's the me whose also preoccupied with the past and filled with nostalgia, but I know I'm not the only one around here who misses the old Yoshu.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 31st 2017, 02:48 PM

Well Jenna.. basically I was a guy with an attitude problem. I hope that I'll be able to cheer other people up too..

Jenna, you are right.. Eventually I'll need to deal with my feelings (just friendship ) for her soon enough.

Well not really working with them.. just kinda sorta rescuing strays and feeding strays whenever I can. I have lots of cute cat pictures of them cuddling and basically being cute. There's a few pomeranian doggies here and there too.

Well.. I guess I might still have a bit of that old yoshi. A lot of it is sealed off, though.. But if my old self cheers people up... maybe its time for me to try to be who I was. It'll take time, though.

Thanks Jenna. I think I do need to throw away that cockiness. The rest of it should probably return, though.

I hope that I can be as good a friend as anyone can be.

But in my heart... I know that I'm broken. I was wanting someone like that.. for some time..

screwdriverneedsgas

Last edited by Green Yoshi; August 31st 2017 at 07:34 PM.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 31st 2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I was very lonely in the past.. and I wasn't abandoned by my parents. They simply didn't let me have any freedom to explore and be myself.

I apologize for making any confusion. I call what you describe as a sort of emotional abandobment. I mean you get to define your own experience but like I was saying, what you describe gives me the reminiscence of similar to what I've been through and I define my own experience as "feeling abanandined"
I'm not suggesting you were left as a baby in a gas station I didn't mean that kind of abandonment
But I respect however you call it. That's okay.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Going mad. - August 31st 2017, 05:09 PM

Don't worry too much I understand what you meant.

I guess what I'm going through right now might be similar to what you got.

screwdriverneedsgas

Closed Thread