TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JollyRancher. Offline
Princess of the Unicorns
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Daisy or Dacashe

Unhappy Goodbye my friend, Goodbye my brother. - September 30th 2017, 04:49 AM

On Tuesday night, I was looking on Facebook when a message on one of my friend's wall pops up. Now I haven't seen my friend since we accidentally ran into each other at the mall. When I clicked onto the profile is when I found out.

My friend, who was so happy and optimistic. Who lived with me for a short amount of time.Who was practically a brother to me and my sisters. Who my mom loved to pieces. He was gone.

He died from injures from a car accident. It was a head on accident. He was transported to the hospital and died there.

When I found out, I started to scream. When I told my mom, she went into a shock. And then a mutual friend of him and I messaged me asking if it was true. I was so scared to tell her because she was heavily pregnant and when she gets stressed out she gets so sick.

The funeral is this Sunday. And I'm so scared. Which is a really weird thing to say. I don't want to say goodbye. Because I still can't process the fact that he is gone. I'm scared that if i go see him I'll lose it and start to cry. Im already trying not to break down as I go about my days.
I just can't believe he is gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_1693500590661549.jpg (8.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg received_1693499410661667.jpg (10.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg received_1693500683994873.jpg (12.3 KB, 12 views)

Used to be Misslostintears
If you ever want to talk or something, i am always here.
I've been around for a while now.

If someone tells you that something you love is wrong,
THEY ARE WRONG
IF someone tries to destroy your dreams,
SHOW THEM THAT WHAT THEY DO IS NOT GOING TO STOP YOU

YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS,
IT'S YOUR LIFE,
LIVE IT YOUR WAY!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Goodbye my friend, Goodbye my brother. - September 30th 2017, 11:26 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your friend meant the world to you and it must be heart breaking to have lost him so suddenly.

I think it's understandable that you feel you haven't processed the initial shock and accepted that he is gone. Many people feel this way when grieving. But it's more than okay to cry, whenever you feel like crying and also at the funeral. It's better for you to cry and get your emotions out than it is to keep them bottled up.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Goodbye my friend, Goodbye my brother. - October 1st 2017, 01:56 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. Losing someone in such a sudden, tragic way must be incredibly painful.

It is not weird to be scared about going to the funeral. It can sometimes take a lot of time to come to terms with the fact that someone has passed away, especially with it was a sudden death. You will work through this in your own time, in your own way. Be patient with yourself.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Goodbye my friend, Goodbye my brother. - October 1st 2017, 07:54 PM

I'm so sad to hear about your loss. It sounds like you had a really wonderful person as part of your life, so it's such a shame you have lost him so suddenly. Don't be afraid to break down, it's a very natural thing and if you feel like you need to cry and scream, don't hold it in. The best thing you can do is to let your emotions out in a healthy way, so express them however you can and don't be afraid to do that.
Also, don't worry about feeling scared about saying goodbye. It's such a horrible thing to prepare yourself for and nobody ever really wants to do it, so it's narutal to be afraid of this. There's a lot to take in. Don't rush yourself to be ok with saying goodbye. Take things at your own pace and, if you don't want to see him, don't feel you have to. You can pay respects in your own way in your own time, so do what you're ok with.

Mostly, look after yourself. It's hard when soeone we love passes away but remember to be kind to yourself.
IF you need a chat, feel free to inbox me.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Goodbye my friend, Goodbye my brother. - October 3rd 2017, 07:53 PM

I'm so sorry about you're loss. I hope you will be ok soon. When lose somebody very close to you you're emotions are going all over the place. And it's okay to feel whenever you want to feel and if that's crying and being angry and hurting that's totally fine. You want to grieve however it is for you. It's different for everybody. And it's going to take time for you to get better so please take care of yourself. If you can try and find things to take you're mind off of this and help you along the way. You can try going for walks or if you like to write or drawing or you can put on a funny movie or TV show and music the help you with us.
I hope you will be ok. Sending you lots of hugs.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Goodbye my friend, Goodbye my brother. - October 3rd 2017, 09:08 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Sunday has come and gone, so I don't know if you went to the funeral or not; but it's important to remember it's OK to grieve in your own way. Everyone copes differently, some remain neutral with their emotions while others completely break down. It's important to reach out to your siblings, mother, and any other friends during this difficult time.

Closed Thread