TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Name: Samuel

paint box - January 22nd 2010, 01:11 AM

i know tis isnt acctuly a real death, but its like one to me. in September, my fav place ever closed. forever. i had alot o good friends there, and the place itself was like a third home, but an escape from home home. if that makes any sence. and almost every Saturday i would go there for art classes. since it closed, ive been getting really stressed, and i miss all my friends so much. i miss the smell, look, and feel of the place itself too. it feels like when i lost my great grandmother, except more intence. plus, this next semester i cant take art in school because of band. and im not quitting band. but that just makes the loss all the more real. i keep trying to hide my greif, but it hasnt been working lately. i think if i hve art at school, ill feel a little better, but i cant. its imposible. i dont know what to do, and i fell like ill just collapse any second if i dont stop greiving. and i cant take another class somewhere else. it just wouldnt be the same. i have no idea how to handle this, because ive always hidden my negitive feelings, bringing my positive feelings upfront. but i have no positive feelings anymore. i have almost notheing to look forward to, and im sinking deeper and deeper. what can i do?

formerly snowstorm, GoneBeyondRepair, and Breathless in Love
Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
You no longer walk alone.
-Blake Bliss

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: paint box - January 22nd 2010, 05:59 AM

It's hard to leave behind a place you knew so well. Kind of like moving. Is there any chance that you can get in contact with your friends there? And I know you said you can't take another class somewhere else, but try. You can at least give it a shot because if you feel like nothing else will work then all you've got left is the chance to try.

Or find other things that you love doing. Find other places around your town where you can go as an "escape". Maybe a skate park, library, or movie theater. Whatever it is, you can get to feeling better about yourself and move on. Good luck.

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Re: paint box - January 22nd 2010, 04:38 PM

that was the only place around me with an art class. i live kinda out in the country, and we dont have much by us. i have no way to contact my friends, and i cant really get out of the house much. and my dad just makes everything worse. its like its his job to ruin what little happyness i have left. from whats around me, i have nothing left to help me. or from what i can tell

Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
-Blake Bliss

(#4 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: paint box - January 23rd 2010, 08:27 AM

Is there any way that any art would help even just a little bit? Maybe doing the art would make you feel more "at home". As for your dad, he should be at least allowing you out of the house every once in a while. If he isn't, then it's something you need to bring up with him if you ever want it to get better. Tell him how you feel but don't yell or do anything too crazy or it will just come off as insincere. How else is he ruining your happiness?

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Re: paint box - February 7th 2010, 02:53 AM

i wanted art this semester, but being in band and in advanced math preventes it. i draw durring class all the time, but each time i draw, it always gets better and thn i think of how proud my art teacher would be of me but would never know. my dads constantly yelling at me for doing things i didnt do, ornot doing things i didnt no i shoulve and well, just, not really letting me do anything. ive talked to him about it, my mom too, and they both say tht its me and not him. they dont see things from my perspective. they think they are, but they dont know anything about how i see things. so nothing really helps there. plus my new elctive, witch i want so badly to be art, is horrible and is taught by a teacher who i dont like. at all. witch isnt helping any. and i mean my dad lets me out of the house sometimes, its just i dont really have anywhere to go. i dont really have anything...

-Blake Bliss

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: paint box - February 7th 2010, 11:52 PM

Could you possibly get contact with your old art teacher, so that you can still show her your work and get her opinions on it, even if you aren't taking her classes any more?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Re: paint box - February 11th 2010, 08:28 PM

no. i have no way of communicating with anyone there

-Blake Bliss

Closed Thread