TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
markus209 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Over 2 years ago - April 28th 2010, 07:20 PM

It's been just over two years since my friend passed away. It was a real shock at the time, but I thought that I had gotten over it, but recent events have brought all the bad feelings back.

We both used to go and watch the football (soccer) team we supported. 2 years ago, we went and saw our team play our local rivals. We won, and obviously I was absolutely delighted. There was the usual banter between the sets of fans during the match. The match ended, and normally I would go round to his house and we would celebrate or drown our sorrows. However, I'd promised I'd go shopping with my gf, so this time I didn't. I wa so happy about the result, and then came the news which made it all so irrelevant. There was violence and rioting in various areas around the city between the two sets of fans, and my friend was attacked by opposing fans for no other reason tha he was wearing the shirt of the team he supported. He sustained head injury, and later passed away. Why the f**k did rioting have to take place. No matter how much it means to people, football should NEVER be a matter of life and death.

2 years on and we played the same team again. I always knew that just because it was the same game, it was going to bring back bad memories, just like for a while I didn't go to another football match. Throughout the game, the opposition fans were chanting the name of the person who murdered my friend, and unfurled a banner claiming he should be released from jail (which was quickly confiscated by the police.) I was so angry, I can't explain how much I wanted to hurt everyone connected with that banner and those chants. But I couldn't do anything about it, and I still can't arrghhh. I could scream, I can't do anything and stoop to their level, but I'm so f**king angry, and upset...

Last edited by markus209; April 28th 2010 at 08:37 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: Over 2 years ago - April 29th 2010, 08:38 AM

Whoa; Markus.

You should know that your friend had great time and he wouldn't want you to like remember the bad times; I'm kind of psychic myself and I can sense that he's happy that he has made those memories with you which I'm glad to tell and I know he thought of you as a brilliant friend to him because you both used to have fun having those laughs; he doesn't want you to end up depressed and thinking of bad memories.

I suggest you blocking out the bad thoughts and focus on the positivity.

I'm here if you need to PM me Markus.

Jay

Live the life.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Over 2 years ago - April 30th 2010, 01:19 AM

I think you should contact the management of the team whose gruesome fans were responsible. Tell them what happened and how much you cared for your friend. Then let the team they admire publicly shame those fans for being that way.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
Closed Thread