TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xoJust_Juliaxo Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Julia

Unhappy My Grandma Died - February 28th 2009, 01:56 AM

My grandma died yesterday , an it was hard because i was actually their watching her die. She went peacefully , but still it wasn't fair i still needed her here to see my graduation. I just don't know how to handle her dying ... lets just also say that my mind frame right now is seriously not good. I just need advice or just someone to talk to.

TWLOHA Supporter

How do I live without the ones I love?
Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned
Place and time always on my mind
I have so much to say but you're so far away
  Send a message via AIM to xoJust_Juliaxo Send a message via Yahoo to xoJust_Juliaxo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxdesixxemii Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachana

Re: My Grandma Died - February 28th 2009, 02:18 AM

hey julia im so sorry about your grandma. when my grandpa died i was really upset. i know u wanted her to see u graduate..but she will be seeing you...once again i really sry

My best friend in the whole world is emily (a.k.a em[ily]). I can tell her everything and shes an amazingly AWSOMEEE person!! You all should get to know her :P
  Send a message via AIM to xxdesixxemii  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: My Grandma Died - February 28th 2009, 03:41 PM

hi, she will see you graduate she will see you graduate from heaven. shes not really gone, okay that might sound strange but if you keep your memorys of them alive they will never really have gone. if you get what i mean. they are gone in a way but in another way they are still here, each time you smell a smell that reminds you of them, or the perfume they would wear in ur bedroom its them letting you know they are not really gone and are watching over you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: My Grandma Died - February 28th 2009, 03:50 PM

Hey Julia. I'm so sorry about your grandma, it really hurts to lose someone you love, and it's a hard thing to pull through. I know that getting used to life without her will probably be tough and it will be weird not seeing her around, but it's a wound that heals with time. I'm not saying that it completely goes away all together, but it becomes easier to deal with and handle after awhile, I promise. And as for your graduation, I know how tough moments like that without someone you love can be. But your Grandma holds a special place in your heart, right? That means she's never to far, and she'll always hold that place in your heart and be forever close to you. And you never know, maybe she'll even be at your graduation with you, even if you can't see her.

I promise things will get easier after awhile. Try to remember the good times you had with your grandma, that way she'll still be able to make you smile even if she's not around. Hang in there. xx

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
silent_one12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Grandma Died - February 28th 2009, 04:27 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I lost my grandma 6 yrs ago to Cancer and I was really close to her. Its hard and its going to be hard. Just keep your head up and think of the good things, that's what I did. Just remember she is in a better place now. It will be okay ..Pm me if wanna talk about it I'm here to listen
  Send a message via MSN to silent_one12  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Loz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Re: My Grandma Died - February 28th 2009, 09:33 PM

I know how it feels to lose a Grandma, I think its harder if your close. I find listening to songs helps me, but everyone is different.
Remember its ok to cry, it does help to let it out. It takes awhile to get used to the fact they have gone, because sometime you still think there still here, and it doesn't feel real.
If you need any advice or just someone to talk to feel free to message me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My Grandma Died - March 2nd 2009, 09:32 AM

hey Julia.

always remember that your grandma is definitely still watching over you, because the fact is , she loves you deeply and the fact that you're graduating is definitely something she's proud of. hence, she's definitely going to be there spiritually when you graduate

and yeah, did i mention that she's standing guard in front of your happiness because your every move is definitely going to be blessed by her from the heavens, always remember that your grandma supports you in every way possible..

in case you need anyone to talk to, we're just right here .

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
xoJust_Juliaxo Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Julia

Re: My Grandma Died - March 4th 2009, 07:41 PM

Hey guys i just wanted to say thanks for your advice , i am taking some of your suggestions and stuff like that. An now that i finally have internet again i will be messaging one of you soon. Thanks for the advice julia

TWLOHA Supporter

How do I live without the ones I love?
Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned
Place and time always on my mind
I have so much to say but you're so far away
  Send a message via AIM to xoJust_Juliaxo Send a message via Yahoo to xoJust_Juliaxo  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
sporkerism Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Isabella

Re: My Grandma Died - March 4th 2009, 08:46 PM

I'm sorry. My grandmother died in a way where we knew her death was coming and I had the decision of whether to be there when she died and didn't, because my mother thought it would be a bad idea. I don't know whether I regret it or not. The last time I saw her, she seemed to be getting better. All that I can remember is that I had a really bad flu and didn't want to infect her with it, and I took the piss and gave her a sarky little joking goodbye, telling her I'd take her to the pub at christmas and see her in a fortnight and all that. I didn't. It kills me I couldn't hug her and tell her I loved her and say a sincere goodbye one last time. But I donít know if I was ready to be there when she died. Only knowing one way, I can't say which was harder. I imagine being there is so, so, so difficult, but either way, it's hardly easy.

You'll miss her at those special times, don't think you won't. Those things are always hard. But she's in a better place now, and at least she didn't go suffering. All people are horribly mortal, and there are many worse ways to die. Remember the amazing times you had with her, but don't let her death dominate your life. Be happy, it'll become easier in time, because she'd want you to have a happy life, and when you think about her, don't think about the sad things, think about the good times and what an amazing person she was, and, depending on your spiritual beliefs, still is. Talk to friends, too. At your age, losing grandparents is pretty common (if that worries you, don't worry about the living ones, I know thirty year olds with them still going strong, it always varies, but a lot of my friends had lost one in their late teens, as did I) and so you'll always have one friend who can sympathise. I had two friends who lost their grandparents about the same time as I, and even though it was horrible for all of us, we acted as each other's support system when it was too painful to talk to family members. I couldn't talk to my father when his mother died or my mother when her father died, because they're both quite strong people (not stiff upper lip people, but, you know, strong) and although my mother cries a lot, hearing her bawl was horrible, and my father and grandfather have both been through such a lot in their lives, and NEVER cry, but they cried then and that broke my heart. So, talking to family can be hard at first. Talking to a friend who can sympathise can be much easier, less stressful and therapeutic.

Deepest sympathies, Isa.

Closed Thread