TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Books and Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Looking for book title. - August 9th 2013, 06:31 PM

There's this book I read back in the 8th grade for school in an extra-hour study hall. I was in the 8th grade between 1998 and 1999, so it was published before that time. Anyways, this is all I remember about it:

The time setting, I think (but I might be wrong!) was in the mid 19th-early 20th century.
A main character (can't remember if there were others) was a young girl of about 12-14, who gets pregnant by one of the house workers. It wasn't rape, they had an affair.
There was glass involved and a car accident, I think. It might've been horse&buggy accident, but I'm 90% certain it was a car accident. That brings the possibility of it being after the 19th century up higher.
Some time elasped in the story, probably ten years or so.
The girl, the one who got pregnant, died in a car accident. I believe it was on the New Jersey interstate.
Her daughter, who's between 5-15 now, goes to live with her estranged uncle, I believe. Either the estranged uncle or grandmother.
The daughter, I believe, is left blind from that car accident.

I know I said an accident twice, but I believe there was another accident before the time-jump. This is just very fragmented memory of the story, and I'm particularly curious because it's the last (non-fantasy, IE Harry Potter) book I really enjoyed. Then high school started and, yeah...

AN: Wait, there was "Tale of Two Cities" but I got assigned to read that, I didn't choose to read it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Looking for book title. - August 10th 2013, 05:33 AM

Never mind, someone on amazon.com found it. In under half an hour.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Looking for book title. - August 10th 2013, 06:11 AM

Glad you found out what it was. I'm going to close this since you figured it out.

Feel free to PM me if you feel it should be reopened or have any questions.

Closed Thread