TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Books and Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Vampire books - May 18th 2015, 05:08 PM

I'm getting myself into reading again I haven't properly read a whole book series since Harry Potter I've been reading the Sookie Stackhouse series (which is what True Blood is based off) and I'm really getting into it

What vampire books do you recommend OTHER than Twilight? I've read the first Twilight book and didn't like it. I think I would have liked it more if wasn't first person and Bella wasn't such a miserable drip.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Vampire books - May 18th 2015, 05:12 PM

Does it have to be specifically vampires?

I've read fantasy series' that I've liked but they're involved faeries and pixies instead of vampires but you might still be interested in them.

Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr and the Need series by Carrie Jones, they're in my top 10 book series list

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Vampire books - May 18th 2015, 11:49 PM

Vampire Academy is one of my favorite vampire series. I know there's more, I just can't think of them right now.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Vampire books - May 19th 2015, 03:53 PM

I do appreciate some fairies and pixies Thanks both!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Vampire books - May 19th 2015, 05:24 PM

Hey,

Oooo I really enjoyed reading the Sookie Stackhouse series. If you're into fantasy/sci-fi then I would recommend The Mortal Instruments and the prequel series The Infernal Devices. I watched The Mortal Instruments film and it was disappointing, but the books are not.

Robert J Crane is an AMAZING author, he's an independent one. His series The Girl In The Box is amazing, it's described as urban fantasy, it's a little different and if you're open minded about what you read then they are great books! You can download the first 3 books for free on kindle and e-readers, so you can see whether they are your kind of thing. There are vampires, but it is more based on humans with powers (loosely based on some greek mythology) and enhanced abilities.

Also... there's The Women of The Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong they are pretty good books, you have a little of everything with this series, you have witches, vampires, demons, half demons, necromancers, sorcerers.

Enjoy!

Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Vampire books - May 29th 2015, 06:04 AM

Well, I'm glad you're reading Sookie Stackhouse series, because that one is a good one!
Have you considered reading the Vampire Diaries series? It's not nearly as drab as Twilight. Although, like a lot of books, I think it starts a little slow, what with character development and such.
One more suggestion for ya- Dark Visions. It's about various mythical creatures as opposed to just vampires.

Good luck! Let us know if any of these pan out for you, I'm trying to decide if I have the time to read, and I love books like that.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Vampire books - May 29th 2015, 06:15 PM

Thanks everyone I bought myself some reading glasses earlier :') If I read with my regular glasses on the words get blurry and if I take them off my eyes get tired. Hopefully I will read more with these now

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Vampire books - May 30th 2015, 12:27 AM

Women of the otherworld is amazing. I haven't read all of them and am actually hoping to get into that this summer. But, the ones I have read are amazing and keep you captivated. The author, Kelley Armstrong, also has a YA novel set. I read the first one but didn't read the rest. Once again something I am going to try and get into.

Also, Anita Blake Vampire Hunter is good. Laurel K. Hamilton is the author. She has another series as well but it is very sexually graphic. I still have a number of these books to finish. You can check them out easily at the library but they are both a series so if you want to go in order you might have to wait.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Lilyofthewest Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lily

Re: Vampire books - May 30th 2015, 03:15 PM

I quite enjoyed the Vampire Diaries, even though I never really got into the whole vampire romance novel phenomenon (admittedly Twilight put me off the genre haha; while I know I shouldn't let one book tarnish others like it, that one book was just so intolerably bad that it was hard to prevent it from doing so ). I've never read Vampire Academy but I've heard good things about the series from people who enjoy those sorts of books.

If you're willing to broaden your parameters to include other fantasy/paranormal romance books that aren't about vampires, I'd recommend Fallen by Lauren Kate and Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick also.

Closed Thread