TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Celestial. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

2018 Reading Goals - January 9th 2018, 09:45 PM

I just thought we should have a thread where we list and discuss our reading goals for this year.

This is my goal, and it isn't just restricted to fiction.

Stories (all but fanfiction) - 5 books by December 31st, 2018.
Fanfiction (excluding printed fanfiction) - 100... this is a bit ambitious, but I hope I can get at least 100 done by December 31st!
Magna/Anime - I want to try to read one just to see how I like Anime or Magna. Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Melancholia.; January 11th 2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Moving to appropriate forum for you. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: 2018 Reading Goals - January 9th 2018, 10:52 PM

This is a pretty cool thread.

My goal's are a bit different this year as I am hoping to start work and am uncertain how my reading will be affected.

So, I want to read a total of 82 things (books, graphic novels, manga and plays) but I want 30 of those things to be books. Last year I had a pretty even split between books and graphic novels (100+ each) and I probably would have read more books but got into a weird slump from July to December.

There are also a few books I want to try and get to this year. A number of them are fantasy series and they are overly large 500+ pages so who knows if I'll get to them...but I did get to one already.

I also want to try and re-read Harry Potter. I would likely start that in the summer though and read 1-2 books a month.

I don't know that I have any other goals aside from that. There are a few challenges that are year long and I would like to do some of them and one of them I could make fit but Idk that I want to attempt that.

As for Manga recommendations, what interests you? The two I can think of off the top of my head are Sailor moon and Fruits basket. I haven't completed either of them but what I read seemed pretty clean.

My brother's husband is pretty cute. It was relatively clean too ... no sex or anything but the whole series isn't out so that could change?
There is also full metal alchemist but I don't know that you'd enjoy that much. It's probably the best Manga I read last year and I am hoping to complete the series this year.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: 2018 Reading Goals - January 10th 2018, 07:20 AM

Mine isn't quite as specific as the ones that you guys have. I really just want to try to find the time to read 50 books. I am challenging myself to read more classics as I've recently found that I really enjoy them, but I'm not assigning a specific number to those. I do also want to challenge myself to read at least one nonfiction book and one book that is out of my usual genre.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: 2018 Reading Goals - January 10th 2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenda. View Post
Mine isn't quite as specific as the ones that you guys have. I really just want to try to find the time to read 50 books. I am challenging myself to read more classics as I've recently found that I really enjoy them, but I'm not assigning a specific number to those. I do also want to challenge myself to read at least one nonfiction book and one book that is out of my usual genre.
Do you have a non-fiction book in mind? Are there types of non fiction you've enjoyed in the past?

Closed Thread