TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

Jeez, get a life!

Wicked Lovely - January 27th 2010, 07:46 AM

Okay, I am reading wicked lovely and I just want to know what your opinion is of the book.

I like it but I feel that it is missing a lot of depth. It took me so long to get invested in the characters and I feel as though I cannot see what they look like in my head.

So far it seems like a decent story and I definitely want to see what happens but idk it just isn't as good of a book as I thought it would be.

I think the author should have done a lot more character development but I am one of those people that likes to know a lot about the characters and have the plot follow. I mean, I feel without characters you can relate to/care about everything else is just moot.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Wicked Lovely - January 29th 2010, 01:12 AM

This is my review of it on goodreads.com:

Quote:
Wicked Lovely was... interesting. It started out fairly bland, and then got pretty good towards the middle. The end was somewhat mediocre, I lost interest and start skimming the pages. But overall, it was an enjoyable, very quick read. Some of the characters were so underdeveloped that I kept forgetting who they were when they were randomly mentioned. Marr didn't really do a good job at explaining everybody and such, and I found the characters a bit hard to follow. But other than that, it was all right. I'm hoping the sequel will be better.
So yep, I pretty much agree with you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Wicked Lovely - January 29th 2010, 07:42 AM

lol. Okay, so it isn't just me! Whew. LOL.

Yeah, Idk, I am more into seeing the characters in my mind and I just couldn't with her books. I liked the ending and all but it was way too predictable. The ending was worse than twilights and twilight was quite predictable.

I think she has a great imagination but I think now a days places are publishing paranormal books as fast as they can to get money. They are not looking at the quality.

I couldn't even pick up any messages in the book and I like books to have a message.

Closed Thread