TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Arrow Logan's Run - May 5th 2010, 09:41 PM

I'm currently in the midst of writing an adaptation to the book and I have the means to get it into the right hands. To me the film says a lot about our generation, maybe even more so than it said in the past and I want to highlight that. While it is an action/adventure film, I also believe it has the potential of being a landmark of our generation. A commentary on the way things are now.

For example in the book there's a game in which you would sneak out and spy on your neighbors for entertainment. That exists today (back then it wasn't conceived of that it would exist, it was a guess that came true) and reflects perfectly upon addiction to reality TV.

Basically I'm in here asking, for those that read the book, what would you:
1) Like to see?
2) Notice things in the book that's come true?
3) What statements have you noticed the book stating about our world today?

It's very eerie how close the world's becoming to that presented in the book and that's what I'm primarily focusing on. The cut-off age, YOU DIE WHEN YOU'RE 21 YEARS OLD.

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

Closed Thread