TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HoneysweetPanda Offline
こんにちは、お元気ですか?
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikita

Unhappy Picked on because of height :/ - October 26th 2012, 02:04 AM

Im a fairly tiny...uh....person. About 153 cm
Most of my classmates pick on me because of that. Ive told them, i have told my teachers, damn i even sent one of those assholes to the hospital once... but they keep making fun of me and the teachers never do anything about it.... Im sick of this. What do I do?

"Rolling Girl always looked at unreachable dreams Making a fuss if you got inside her head and disturbed, disturbed. No problem. Was murmured, but weren't those words lost?" - Wowaka ft. Hatsune Miku (Rolling girl)

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Picked on because of height :/ - October 27th 2012, 02:45 PM

Read the caption in my signature. I hope it helps.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Picked on because of height :/ - October 27th 2012, 03:14 PM

I disagree, I'm afraid. Don't give them a reason to hate you.

Give them a reason to like you.

Use your unique-ness to your advantage, and do things only you can do - also, join in with their jokes (unless they're particularly harsh, but hopefully you don't have to put up with that) and then hopefully it will stop, or at least decrease to a point where you can "take it on the chin".

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Picked on because of height :/ - October 27th 2012, 06:13 PM

I used to have this same problem, I'm actually shorter than you, only 4'9" or 144.5 cm.

Surround yourself with friends that care about who you are and not how tall you are, then they tend to leave you alone. Also, I know it's hard, but try not to let them get a rise out of you. That's what they want and as long as you're reacting they're going to keep doing it. Also, if you have to react I've found that if you kind of play along it tends to shut them down. If somebody called me a midget for example or mistook me for way younger than I actually was (and I felt it was worth responding to), I would just say "Thanks, I take that as a compliment", they would usually make a face and walk away. I even had a group of friends who nicknamed me midget #2 (my other friend was not much taller than me) and I was fine with it because I understood the way it was meant.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#5 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Picked on because of height :/ - October 30th 2012, 02:26 AM

Don't worry about your height. People who tease other people about things usually do it because they're insecure, so maybe the people who are messing with you don't feel secure with their own height (or some other trait). I am actually only about 5'1 (~156 cm), and my friend (who's maybe 3 inches taller than I am) frequently teases me about being "short." I think this is because she really doesn't want people to think she's short, so she's trying to make it very clear that someone else is shorter than she is and make herself feel "taller." I do wish I was a few inches taller (I'm almost done growing and I'm STILL shorter than my mom!), but my consolation is this supermegaawesome character in this AMAZING book. It's called Divergent. If you haven't read it, you should, because not only is it the best book ever, but it makes all the smaller people of the world feel KICKBUTTAWESOME.

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

Closed Thread