TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
girlfromsocal Offline
inandoutofhere
Junior TeenHelper

Gender: without getting pg I was born both but am allfemale now

A black guy called me the n word and then told everyone I called him that? - December 6th 2012, 08:41 PM

So I'm Indian and black and this guy was trying to tell me I'm just black and not biracial. I identify as both at convenience sometimes. Well he got angry and told everyone at the center I am at frequently that I called him a nigger which I didn't. I never called him the n word he called me the n word and said I called him that all I ever said was try to explain that I always got classified as Ethiopian for some odd reason and that those people were mixed negr0id and caucasoid And then I told him his race was negr0id and then he said Arabs were the n word and I'm like no they're Caucasian and he is like I'm not white and I say I never said I was then he says I have an n-nose and then I tell my caseworker she does nothing I tell him he's dumb for thinking black people are the only ones with dark skin he gets more angry and calls me dumb and says I wish I were lighter and had a different face I'm like you're so wrong he starts going on about how I don't like myself when I do and then I'd had enough and told him if he went on I'd tell him what I thought of him he went on I called him bozo the clown and then told him he looked like a transsexual which I tore him down for. I never was racist I never said anything racist just said facts about race and them when I had had enough I resorted to attacking his external appearance. He tried to say later I called him a nigger but he was the only one who said that. I feel scared to be here now that there are several black people here mostly I told staff they don't care and won't correct the lie he's spreading. How can I help people there to see I never was racist?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: A black guy called me the n word and then told everyone I called him that? - December 7th 2012, 07:58 AM

First of all, you know who you are and that's all that really matters. Racism due to Ignorance and racism due to bullying is different. The guy who is bothering you is an asshole and needs to grow the hell up. He needs to understand there are people of all.shapes and sizes on this.earth. I struggled with a similar issue to yours.

My mother is Pakistani, my father is black. So by society I could either identify as Pakistani/Blasian or African-American or both since I am mixed race due to genetics. But I connect more to my black side.

However due to complicated reasons, when I was not even a year old, I was adopted by a Greek/White family. That brought a whole different world of problems for me. I ran away from home frequently, they were never understanding of my feelings. I never understood why my parents aborted me. It was extremely frustrating not knowing who my biological family was until I was eighteen. I had to find them through Facebook.

I still keep in touch with my adoptive family. Recently I'm starting to mingle more with my biological family members.

I just really want you to understand that I know where you're coming from with race and being biracial, and it is tough. My main motto has always been "Knowledge is half the battle". It's something my foster father would always tell me and I kept with it.

Be happy for who you are. Don't let ignorant people dictate you. It's almost 2013. People need to be accepting of others. It isn't cool to say racist terms to people of any color. Biracial people don't deserve the hate they get. They didn't ask to be born mixed. It's alright to be yourself.

I'm Anthony. We have talked before but if you still want to discuss this, send me a pm or reply.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

Last edited by Maverick.; December 7th 2012 at 08:06 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

Re: A black guy called me the n word and then told everyone I called him that? - December 7th 2012, 12:07 PM

if he sais it again put a tape recorder in your pocket, or a mobile ( they have a recording app ), record it and show it to everyone.
tell a teacher, it may help.
trust me, you don't need people like that wasting your time
He obviously doesn't have a life anyway.

~ Words scar, Rumors destroy and bullies kill ~
~ I'm just another nobody.
~ You can't tell how much suffering is on a face that's always smiling </3
~ Be my friend.
hold me.
wrap me up.
unfold me.
I am small and needy.
Warm me up and breathe me.

❤❤❤
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe to me on Youtube <3 http://www.youtube.com/user/xJustAnotherNobodyx1
Or follow me on DeviantArt
http://lostinfragility.deviantart.com/
  Send a message via MSN to Breathe~me  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
girlfromsocal Offline
inandoutofhere
Junior TeenHelper

Gender: without getting pg I was born both but am allfemale now

Re: A black guy called me the n word and then told everyone I called him that? - December 7th 2012, 03:49 PM

No recording devices are allowed in that area plus we've not talked since I guess I just wish I could make matters better for the other people there who have been misinformed.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: A black guy called me the n word and then told everyone I called him that? - December 7th 2012, 07:14 PM

Black people like him make the rest of them look bad. They make out that everything is about race. The guy is probably not much better than white power extremists.

Next time you come across someone as stupid as him, don't even engage. They won't understand. Probably had parents who bragged about how shit and unfair life is "because they're black". If not, then some other influence. It's unlikely you'l change people like that... and trying to hold an intelligent/objective conversation with them is near impossible, so don't bother.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread