TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Alana M. F.

Unhappy this one group of girls... - February 1st 2013, 06:55 PM

i been at the high school for 2 days, and I hate it already!! i wanna go back to primary school! this one girl randomly messages me over the internet saying im fat and ugly and a dumb bitch (looks whos talking :P) and shes in primary school, but her friends are in high school... one of the girls actually apologised for being mean to me and is nice to me now (suspicious :P) but theres these 2 others, they call me fat and ugly and cow and stuff, and they are friends with my best friend, and they LITERALLY grab him by the arm when he wants to come see me at the back of the school (they hang out at the front) and tell him not to go n stuff, and a funny part; yesterday one of the girls said that he is only allowed to come see me for 5 minutes... he stayed the entire hour that lunch goes for LOL

what they are doing is PURELY bullying, i didnt do ANYTHING to them, i was polite and friendly to them, and they hated me the moment they saw me...

both days of highschool ive come home and cried and cried, i do have people TRYING to defend me like Zac(best friend), Jordan, Brittney, Sienna, and a few other people (THANK YOU LORD!! I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT THEM THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!) but it still hurts...

also, no one wants to sit next to me in class, no one really hangs out with me at recess/lunch (except zac sometimes) soooooo fuck that school only reason i go there is because they have great education....... im going to be a scientist when i grow up, im going to find cures for diseases, im gonna help people... i might have a side job of counselling or performing (performing is my talent)...

sometimes i hate being unique, sometimes i hate being an outcast :/ ive always been bullied (ALWAYS, since i first got contact with other children in kinder garten) and it gets difficult...

cya

Andy Biersack

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: this one group of girls... - February 2nd 2013, 11:22 AM

Hey Alana,

I'm sorry to hear high school is tough for you at the moment. I've been bullied a lot at school myself and I can tell you from experience that as you get older, the insults and bullying get less and less pathetic. What they're doing is just that, pathetic. Now I'm 17, I'm in sixth form, and luckily I don't really remember the last time a comment was made. I get the odd ones I think, but nothing too much. They're usually from people who are about your age, maybe a bit older, but what I'm trying to say is that age is a pretty important factor. Don't assume that as soon as you're older, all bullying will stop, because it takes place even in the work place, but people become less concerned with someone being 'fat' or 'ugly' (two things which I'm sure you are not) and generally just want to mind their own business. It's petty right now.

My main advice would be not to let it look like the bullies are getting to you. When I Was in primary school I was bullied pretty much every day by a range of different people. It took me until year 6 to finally listen to my mums advice and stand up for myself. The insults hurt, don't get me wrong. I was called fat on a daily basis, but as soon as I started smiling at the bullies and firing something back such as 'my mum just feeds me', they found they didn't really have a lot to say. Bullies work off of reactions. IF they think they're getting to you, they'll continue to do it. It's kind of like their reward for the behaviour and since they get that reaction, they'll do it again and again. What they say isn't worth your tears, so don't let them get to you.

You are very lucky to have such a wonderful group of friends who I can see you're grateful for and love a lot. Don't forget them when you start feeling alone because you think nobody wants to sit with you or those girls don't like you. At your age it seems popularity is very important (I know it was for me) and everyone wants to be friends with those at the top. To be honest though, why would you? They're horrible to you, so don't be friends with them. By all means be civil, but you have great friends already, you don't need them.

If the bullying continues, tell somebody. A teacher at schoolor another trusted adult might be able to keep an eye on them and stop them from being so horrible to you. It may seem like the cowards way out, but it takes a lot of strength to speak up about bullying and it could really do you some good.

Finally, part of what you described is cyberbullying, and there is a way round this. Block them. All sites have this feature, you can report them or block them and they wont be able to send you hateful messages anymore. Give yourself a break, don't just sit back and take it if it makes you upset. They'ren ot worth it, so just block them, remove them from whatever part of the internet they're using to attack you.

I hope this has helped a bit. Stay strong, okay?
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Alana M. F.

Re: this one group of girls... - February 5th 2013, 07:41 AM

to be honest... that was better advice than what most people give me thanks!!

Andy Biersack

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Closed Thread