TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
frison1313 Offline
Average Joe

Question Is this bullying ? - February 14th 2013, 11:53 AM

Hey,
I'm a 15 years old girl..
In my school at the beginning of the year, i was the best of my class so everyone was taking advantage of me and faking smiles to me to be able to copy when we have a tests. then a girl started to spread rumours around me saying that I was in my world and it was waste of time to chill with me ,so my friends let me down, and put everybody against me, so i had no friends, had to eat alone, i was invisible, no one cared about me. They were treated ma as the nerd of the class, the outcast. now it got better, i'm staying with people, even if i don't feel confortable, and i know, they don't really like me. But some guys called me the bipolar girl, or the nervous one, and tease me and in the tests everybody is copying on me.. Even if their words are not very mean, i take it to heart, and it hurts me.. sometimes i cut because their words come back in my head...
Is it a form of bullying or not really ?
thank you

Last edited by frison1313; February 14th 2013 at 03:02 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Is this bullying ? - February 14th 2013, 04:47 PM

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been through all this. This is most certainly bullying, and several different forms of it at that, and must be taken seriously.

Have you told anyone about what's going on? If not, you should. I know you might be afraid of being seen as a "snitch", or perhaps you might think it won't make a difference, but you really should. I've been in your place before, and the biggest mistake I ever made was not telling someone what was going on. Tell a trusted adult, whether that be a parent/guardian, a teacher, a principal or a school counsellor. If it's someone involved with the school, maybe go to them at a time they're free, make sure they keep the conversation confidential (which they will, I'm sure) and tell them what's going on. It won't stop if you just sit back and let it happen.

Now, the fact that you're hurting yourself is a whole different kettle of fish. I can't emphasise how serious an issue that is. You really need help if you're self harming. If it's a case that the bullying is linked to it, that's yet another reason to tell someone what's going on. Please don't cut yourself over this, there are far better ways to cope.

Above all else, keep your head up. I'm sure none of the rumours are true, and that you're a great person. The bullies are the ones who have the problem, they're doing it because they want to feel better about of themselves, or more powerful or popular. Whatever the reason, they must be sick individuals to be doing this to you, because no-one deserves to go through something like this. Don't let them bring you down.

Feel free to contact me if you ever need someone to talk to. I really hope you get this sorted out.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
frison1313 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Is this bullying ? - February 14th 2013, 05:25 PM

Thank you for your answer,
yes i've talked to this to my parents and my therapist about this.. But they don't know the consequences. But my parents told me that i should stop complaining, so i didn't told them that they are calling me the bipolar girl. I mean, the thing got better since the beggining of the year, but still not "normal".
the teachers know how they called me because they're doing it in class and the say nothing.
it's ok, i know who i am... at least i hope..
and summer holiday are close!!! i'm changing school next year, so it's ok, even if i'm pretty sure it's gonna be worse
thank you

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Is this bullying ? - February 14th 2013, 05:36 PM

No problem.

Well, it's a shame that you aren't being taken seriously. I'm personally surprised that the teachers aren't doing anything if they see it happening in class, but anyway, maybe you could take it to a more important school official, like, say, the principal/dean/headmaster for instance? You could always tell one of the teachers personally that it's really bothering you, and they might intervene then.

To be honest, changing schools is probably a good idea when a situation like this gets out of hand. I'm sure it won't be worse though, a fresh start may be just what you need to overcome this.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
frison1313 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Is this bullying ? - February 14th 2013, 06:02 PM

actually, i'm in very weird and small small school. all the students are very bad at school, it's kind of a mess but when i went in i didn't the reputation. everyone knows, but no one speaks or stands up against it.
i lost faith in school, last year, i had a bad year to because i made a depression because of the mentality of the people, and this year i'm kind of "builly".
let's see what next year holds !!!! ahhaha

Closed Thread