TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

My friend - April 17th 2013, 07:53 PM

So, one of my friends, well she isn't my friend .

Today at lunch she told that, I'm immature, annoying, that I embrassas her. She said people bullied me because of you, that when I'm not by her people talk to her. That people bully her,& ignore her because I hang out with her. She said she'll talk to me not as much.

She said she was being nice because it was " Christian thing to do".
She also said I need to mature, wear better clothing.

Funny thing, I feel like a lot more people are talking to het
She's the reason why I'm still here, why I hanged on, why I didn't kill myself.i feel horrible,& really depressed.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: My friend - April 17th 2013, 08:08 PM

Woah, telling someone those things are not doing they Christian thing, that's called being a jerk. You're right that she's not your friend, and you have totally valid reasons to be sad right now.
But you're also in high school. And high school sucks hardcore. People act like they're bigger than they are, and nobody's very mature. I can promise you that things get infinitely better once you get out of high school because people grow up and start worrying about themselves more than others. You have a great future ahead of you, and I know you can make it there. You'll find people that are actually your friends and who deeply care about you.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend - April 17th 2013, 10:20 PM

I feel so empty,alone, & worthless.

I want to die,I hate my life.

I'm crying so bad right now, SH a few times today.I have nothing to live for now,why do people dump me?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Just call me MB

Re: My friend - April 18th 2013, 01:10 AM

Hey now sweetie. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. This is not fair for you - your friend had absolutely NO right to say that to you. She's obviously not a real friend. But suicide isn't an answer. You shouldn't kill yourself because one person said something mean to you. You are so important in this world - you have a purpose that nobody can fulfill except you. The world could never possibly be the same without you, Hon. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, LOVELY, LOVED, AND IMPORTANT. I don't care what she said about you. Whoever can't see your true beauty and importance must be blind - we all need you here, sweetie.

Please stay strong. If you need to talk to somebody who understands and will listen, I strongly urge you to PM or VM me - I would love to help you, if you would just give me a chance. I'm here for you - don't be afraid to ask for help. <3

"One person can make a difference and everyone should try."
Live Help Operator since June 1st, 2013

(#5 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend - April 20th 2013, 05:48 PM

Great,she called me,& said since high school she WAS FORCED to be my freind,& another special education friend. But her so called "popular" freinds nope, she WANTS to be friends with them.

Why why does no one like me(beside on teen help).

Gosh,& everyone's being nice to her now,& I feel like no one likes me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend - April 20th 2013, 06:05 PM

Oh sweetheart. Don't take this to heart. It may sound impossible, but just blow it off. She obviously doesn't know what an amazing person you are. If she can't realize this, then she does not deserve to have you as a friend. Perhaps you should join some clubs - meet people with interests similar to yours. Maybe you can make some new friends. And even if you don't have too many friends, you have all of us on Teen Help who care about you and want you around.

Please, if you need to talk to someone, please PM or VM me. I'm here for you, I'm on your side.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend - April 20th 2013, 06:12 PM

I can't it's all I'm think of

I MISS her,we use to have so much freind,we where best freinds,we would always be there for us.

It's so hard to hold on,it's so hard to not kill myself. Now, I have SH,& can't stop. My parents won't help me,I get NO support.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
MBach528 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend - April 20th 2013, 06:56 PM

You have us for support.

I know how it feels to lose a good friend. When I told my old best friends that I had to change schools, she got mad at me. A few weeks later, I sent her a text asking if she wanted to hang out. She said she couldn't, she was at someone else's house. Little did she knew I was standing right across the street, and I saw her at home. I was so devastated, she didn't want to hang out with me.

But I survived this. I made new friends, I became stronger than I was before. She begged me to give her another chance, and I told her no, I didn't want to be hurt again.

Don't feel bad. You're not the first person to lose a good friend, and you sure as Hell won't be the last person. You will make new friends, and you will lose old friends. It's a part of life. It's nothing to kill yourself over, though. It's pain that will come to an end. I promise you, it will end, so long as you keep fighting. Please, just trust me, sweetie.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friend - April 20th 2013, 08:10 PM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry this has been happening to you. Firstly, I want to say that clearly none of what this person is saying to you is true, and it's really nasty of them to say that. So, don't let them bring you down.

The users above have given you some excellent advice and support, and I would advise you to take in everything they say, because it's all so true. And I'd like to add that this is not the end of the world. There is no reason to give up and lose hope over something like this. It may seem like a mountain now, but, in the future, you'll look back on it as more of a molehill. As MB said, you make new friends and lose old friends. It's part of the rollercoaster that is life.

Please hold on. I'm here for you if you need help, and so is everyone else on TeenHelp. It will get better. Stay strong.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
Closed Thread