TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
worriedel22 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy what should i do - April 28th 2013, 01:58 PM

I am in 4th year secondary school and I used to be close to this boy. He started hating me for no reason, I never did anything that would make him hate me.Then he started hitting me, abusing me, and calling me ugly and saying things like "I will cut you", his says this to a lot of people but as a joke but when he says it to me its a joke in a sense, but I hate to think what he would do. He would say to my friends you look nice and then shout at me and say I look ugly as usual. He is one of my best friends boyfriends. I don't want to hit back because he punches hard and would hurt me even more if I do. I hate when I have lessons with him (which is a lot) because I know he will just embarrass me and put me down. Lately he has been really getting to me. Even his friends say "woah, thats really out of order" "stop now" "that must have hurt". I try to stay as far away from him as I can. I don't know what to do to get him to stop. My friend (his girlfriend) has even tried speaking to him and he just wont stop. I dont want to get the school involved. What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee Stain Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Vive

Re: what should i do - April 28th 2013, 02:07 PM

you should get the sckool involved because you need a secend line of defence this suonds to big for you and your frends to handal by your selfs and you have tride it and it did not work. go to a techer that you trust and tell them. i hope it stops sown.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: what should i do - April 28th 2013, 02:17 PM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear this has been happening. I'm sorry, but the best course of action right now would be to get the school involved.

What this guy is doing is unacceptable. He is physically and verbally bullying you, and seems to gain some sort of morbid pleasure from it. You can't handle a severe bullying case such as this one without the support of a higher authority. I mean, if I was in your place, I'd even consider contacting the police, never mind the school.

Please tell someone in a higher place about this. Otherwise, this will continue and possibly progress. I really hope you get this sorted out soon. Take care.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: what should i do - May 3rd 2013, 04:32 AM

get the school involved, for one... and as a short term response if its getting really bad, kick him as hard as you can in the nuts. This subdues all guys, sometimes for about 5-10 minutes. run away to a teacher, he cant catch you.
Or, you could take the peaceful way and just talk to him about it. Doesn't always work though.
Sorry if I seem cold and indifferent, but its been a long day... I really am sorry about this though.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: what should i do - May 3rd 2013, 04:48 AM

I agree you should tell the school because what if he starts or is already doing it to other kids who are too scared to speak up. Perhaps you could consider changing classes. As.....odd as it is yes do fight back if nothing else. Guys like this keep going because he knows you wont do anything and everytime you dont it confirms that. Next time he hits you look him in the eyes and say

Stop messing with me right now or I will be forced to involve the school and then the local authorities.

That'll scare him
but if he continues DO THAT
Good luck

Please dont hesitate to Pm/vm me anytime if you wanna talk I would be happy to.

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: what should i do - May 3rd 2013, 04:54 AM

Crack his nuts!!! Crack his nuts!!!

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: what should i do - May 4th 2013, 05:29 PM

Hey

wow, sounds really hard for your right now :hugs:

I would talk to someone at school as it needs to be sorted out, maybe speak to a trusted teacher or school counsellor?

You should also seek support for yourself if they anything that hurts you either physically or mentally

Closed Thread